Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587

    My Year-end Comp

    Here it is. I tried to focus on stuff that hasn't been discussed/mentioned a lot around here, and thus I left out some favorites such as Fiery Furnaces and Ted Leo. I also left out the hard/heavy stuff to (hopefully) give the comp better flow and overall feel. Let me know by PM or email if you want one. No trade necessary.


    1. The Microphones - Silent Night
    2. Apostle of Hustle - Animal Fat
    3. Adem - Everything You Need
    4. The Black Heart Procession & Solbakken - Voiture en Rouge
    5. John Vanderslice - Promising Actress
    6. Joanna Newsom - Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
    7. The Mountain Goats - Linda Blair Was Born Innocent
    8. Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    9. The Drive-By Truckers - The Day John Henry Died
    10. The Gris Gris - Everytime
    11. Bobby Conn and the Glass Gypsies - We're Taking Over the World
    12. Destroyer - New Ways of Living
    13. The Delgados - Get Action!
    14. A.C. Newman - The Town Halo
    15. The High Water Marks - Slowhand
    16. Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go
    17. The M's - Eyes On the Prize
    18. Trashcan Sinatras - Got Carried Away
    19. Hop On Pop - Miles From Monday
    20. The Ike Reilly Assassination - It's All Right To Die
    21. David Brent - Free Love on the Free Love Freeway
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  2. #2
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Here it is. I tried to focus on stuff that hasn't been discussed/mentioned a lot around here, and thus I left out some favorites such as Fiery Furnaces and Ted Leo. I also left out the hard/heavy stuff to (hopefully) give the comp better flow and overall feel. Let me know by PM or email if you want one. No trade necessary.


    1. The Microphones - Silent Night
    2. Apostle of Hustle - Animal Fat
    3. Adem - Everything You Need
    4. The Black Heart Procession & Solbakken - Voiture en Rouge
    5. John Vanderslice - Promising Actress
    6. Joanna Newsom - Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
    7. The Mountain Goats - Linda Blair Was Born Innocent
    8. Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    9. The Drive-By Truckers - The Day John Henry Died
    10. The Gris Gris - Everytime
    11. Bobby Conn and the Glass Gypsies - We're Taking Over the World
    12. Destroyer - New Ways of Living
    13. The Delgados - Get Action!
    14. A.C. Newman - The Town Halo
    15. The High Water Marks - Slowhand
    16. Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go
    17. The M's - Eyes On the Prize
    18. Trashcan Sinatras - Got Carried Away
    19. Hop On Pop - Miles From Monday
    20. The Ike Reilly Assassination - It's All Right To Die
    21. David Brent - Free Love on the Free Love Freeway

    Daaaang Stone. Haven't heard most of that and I thought I did a decent job keeping pace this year. A fool's illusion I guess. Bring it on man. Thanks mucho and Merry Christmas.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  3. #3
    Indifferentist Slosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,221
    I don't have any of those albums and I'd like to see if there's a good reason for that
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.


  4. #4
    very clever with maracas Davey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on some faraway beach...
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I don't have any of those albums and I'd like to see if there's a good reason for that
    What he said...and I'm surprised that you only picked stuff I don't have. Thanks! How'd you do that? PM in transit.

  5. #5
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    Yes, please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Here it is. I tried to focus on stuff that hasn't been discussed/mentioned a lot around here, and thus I left out some favorites such as Fiery Furnaces and Ted Leo. I also left out the hard/heavy stuff to (hopefully) give the comp better flow and overall feel. Let me know by PM or email if you want one. No trade necessary.


    1. The Microphones - Silent Night
    2. Apostle of Hustle - Animal Fat
    3. Adem - Everything You Need
    4. The Black Heart Procession & Solbakken - Voiture en Rouge
    5. John Vanderslice - Promising Actress
    6. Joanna Newsom - Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
    7. The Mountain Goats - Linda Blair Was Born Innocent
    8. Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    9. The Drive-By Truckers - The Day John Henry Died
    10. The Gris Gris - Everytime
    11. Bobby Conn and the Glass Gypsies - We're Taking Over the World
    12. Destroyer - New Ways of Living
    13. The Delgados - Get Action!
    14. A.C. Newman - The Town Halo
    15. The High Water Marks - Slowhand
    16. Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go
    17. The M's - Eyes On the Prize
    18. Trashcan Sinatras - Got Carried Away
    19. Hop On Pop - Miles From Monday
    20. The Ike Reilly Assassination - It's All Right To Die
    21. David Brent - Free Love on the Free Love Freeway
    Lots of stuff I haven't heard on this comp, and thankfully, nothing from the new Nick Cave or Arcade Fire (both of those new releases are recorded so poorly, I can't believe anyone can listen to them).

    Cool. I'll send in return my Pontiac Limo comp of new stuff I've heard in the last couple of months, whether you like it or not.

    Thanks, Stone!

    fp
    630 N. Grant St.
    Stockton, CA 95202

    This is elf pee, reporting live from beautiful Portland, OR.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular audiobill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Solsbury Hill
    Posts
    715

    Cool wowza...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Here it is. I tried to focus on stuff that hasn't been discussed/mentioned a lot around here, and thus I left out some favorites such as Fiery Furnaces and Ted Leo. I also left out the hard/heavy stuff to (hopefully) give the comp better flow and overall feel. Let me know by PM or email if you want one. No trade necessary.


    1. The Microphones - Silent Night
    2. Apostle of Hustle - Animal Fat
    3. Adem - Everything You Need
    4. The Black Heart Procession & Solbakken - Voiture en Rouge
    5. John Vanderslice - Promising Actress
    6. Joanna Newsom - Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
    7. The Mountain Goats - Linda Blair Was Born Innocent
    8. Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    9. The Drive-By Truckers - The Day John Henry Died
    10. The Gris Gris - Everytime
    11. Bobby Conn and the Glass Gypsies - We're Taking Over the World
    12. Destroyer - New Ways of Living
    13. The Delgados - Get Action!
    14. A.C. Newman - The Town Halo
    15. The High Water Marks - Slowhand
    16. Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go
    17. The M's - Eyes On the Prize
    18. Trashcan Sinatras - Got Carried Away
    19. Hop On Pop - Miles From Monday
    20. The Ike Reilly Assassination - It's All Right To Die
    21. David Brent - Free Love on the Free Love Freeway
    Same goes for me, Stone.

    If you could send one up here, that would be great.

    Thanks-a-ton,
    Bill

  7. #7
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Okay, here's who I have so far:

    Jim Clark
    Slosh
    Davey
    FP
    audiobill
    nobody
    KEXPMF
    Darren H
    Jar
    ELT/MAF (didn't ask for one, but one's coming your way)
    Jack70 (getting one unless you tell me you don't want one)

    No real deadline (within reason), but I want to make sure I didn't miss anyone so far.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Ex Lion Tamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    725

    Wow....you're like that Kreskin guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    ELT/MAF (didn't ask for one, but one's coming your way)
    Good instincts there Stone. However did you know?

    merci beaucoup (thats French for thanx.)
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody heard that Stoney year end comp?
    By Davey in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 09:57 AM
  2. comp review: Slosh's '04 year end
    By newtrix1 in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 12:41 PM
  3. Not another year end comp looking for a home?
    By Jim Clark in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 02:17 PM
  4. Year End Comp Offer
    By Mike in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 06:46 AM
  5. Season's Greetings 2003 (comp talk)
    By Davey. in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 05:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •