DPM

My latest haul at the CD shop.

Recently, I stopped in at one of my favorite CD shops to pick up the Transatlantic DVD and ended up leaving with more than I'd originally planned. Talk about a hodge podge of artists. I may not recover.

1) David Bowie--Lodger (used for $8.00)
    2) JoJo Gunne--JoJo Gunne (I love the tune Run.)
    3) The Grass Roots--The Millenium Collection
    4) Television--Marquee Moon (Years ago when I lived in New York someone loaned me a cassette of this recording. I remember liking it at the time, but I'll be damned if I can remember a single tune. What the hell. I bought it.)
    5) Grand Funk--E Pluribus Funk (used for $8.00)
    6) Transatlantic--Live In Europe (DVD) (These guys were just amazing. Damn you Neal Morse for breaking up the act! Go find God on your own time!)

Dave M

I bought a friend the Jo Jo Gunne CD that was...

remastered by a company whose name I'm forgetting, and it wasn't cheap! He was a big fan and was absolutely thrilled to receive it as a Christmas gift from me a few years back. As for the Television cd, there are many on this board who love that one (me, Davey), but if you had checked it out first, they just released a "remastered" version of it. I'd like to have that new version myself, but I hate to buy something I already have!

Swishy
    Last edited by Swish; 12-16-2003 at 03:32 AM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    Ya, that Transatlantic dvd is pretty darn good.

So is the Flower Kings one, too.

I bought that new U2 dvd and the new Pallas dvd this weekend but didn't watch them yet.

Dave

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    As for the Television cd, there are many on this board who love that one (me, Davey), but if you had checked it out first, they just released a "remastered" version of it.
    Add my name to the list of Marquee Moon fans as well. The 10-minute title epic is magnificent. The rest of the album isn't shabby either. As far as I know though, they only released one album after that (Adventure) before disappearing. What a shame.

I haven't heard the remaster of Marquee Moon yet. Hope they didn't screw it up.
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Hey mad man! You missed the 1992 release called....

Quote Originally Posted by mad rhetorik
    Add my name to the list of Marquee Moon fans as well. The 10-minute title epic is magnificent. The rest of the album isn't shabby either. As far as I know though, they only released one album after that (Adventure) before disappearing. What a shame.

I haven't heard the remaster of Marquee Moon yet. Hope they didn't screw it up.
    simply "Television". It's outstanding in my estimation, and I can't believe it's been 11 years since it's release! You need to have this one, although it may be a bit tough to find because I think it's out of print.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

DPM

Actually, I did get the remaster

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    remastered by a company whose name I'm foregetting, and it wasn't cheap! He was a big fan and was absolutely thrilled to receive it as a Christman gift from me a few years back. As for the Television cd, there are many on this board who love that one (me, Davey), but if you had checked it out first, they just released a "remastered" version of it. I'd like to have that new version myself, but I hate to buy something I already have!

Swishy
    Sorry for the confusing sentence regarding the cassette of Marquee Moon. To clarify, the first time I heard that release was via a cassette copy of someone's vinyl. What I purchased was the new remaster on CD. I haven't listened to it yet.

Dave M

Well, I'm happy for you then. I did notice that...

Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    Sorry for the confusing sentence regarding the cassette of Marquee Moon. To clarify, the first time I heard that release was via a cassette copy of someone's vinyl. What I purchased was the new remaster on CD. I haven't listened to it yet.

Dave M
    I had two typos in my reply to you (foregetting and Christman), so I used the nice edit feature to correct them just now. However, I see that, while it does change them in my reply, it doesn't change them in the "quote" section of your reply to me (hope you can follow me on this). I guess I should read my stuff before hitting that Submit Reply button, eh?

Thread Information