• 05-14-2008, 06:25 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I was yanking Swishy's chain. The truth is that I don't give a crap who wins. You want me to root for the Flyers? GO FLYERS!

I know, just thought Swishy could use a little backup as he has been taking the heat solo for a while.
  • 05-14-2008, 06:28 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    That puts you into the 90 percentile of Americans, FA. The NHL's relevance is so reduced in this country that they could only get a cable contract for TV, and that's some obscure specialty channel called VS (versus), which shows rodeo, cage fighting, Cops reruns and other shows like that when they're not showing NHL.

BTW, I watch Versus for everything else but hockey ;)

I will do ya all one better. I am reduced to listening to the games on WIP 610 Sports Radio on AM on a little tiny boom box cause I'm too cheap (frugal) to have cable.

I always think about getting it just for hockey playoffs and then turning it off but it's not economical.
  • 05-15-2008, 09:56 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish
    ... As for the popularity of hockey sinking, it's no worse than the NBA. I'm not saying it was ever as popular as the NBA, just that the erosion of the fan base on a percentage basis is probably about the same, or worse, than the NHL.

I have a theory on this that's not necessarily flattering to the audience. Hockey is a skill game but has been not generally percieved as one by the North American audience...and they don't want it that way. There's a reason the "Broadstreet Bullies" are legendary and the influx of European talent hasn't had the desired effect unless you consider acceptance by the PTA moms of America success.

I'm pretty sure if you were watching this live you remember where you were that night, whether you were truly invested in either team...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C7DlAjrhm9s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C7DlAjrhm9s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • 05-28-2008, 07:07 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    My disks finally arrived in yesterday's mail.

I don't understand why I can order stuff from Amazon.com and it arrives in under a week, yet stuff from the members of this board frequently takes two to three weeks to arrive.

I'm looking forward to spinning the not-so-mysterious-anymore disk as well as the additional goodies. :)
  • 05-29-2008, 07:18 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    There's other goodies too.

Thanks for goodies 'sticks. I've never been a big fan of the CJs, but to be fair I've never given them a fair shot. I don't mind this disk so much, there's some nice stuff on it. But I see myself spinning this as background music, not something that I'd put on for the sake of really listening to.

I liked the Richard Hawley quite a bit. Its something different from my usual fare and, again, not something that I can see myself spinning regularly but maybe nice when relaxing with a good book and a glass of wine.

I've been spinning it at work and it's a good disk to clear my head to.

Thanks!
  • 05-29-2008, 08:03 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    I guess my copy is still on the stage coach.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
  • 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    I guess my copy is still on the stage coach.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Oh calm down, I've flights to Kelowna that took longer than this. Besides, there'll be fun extras.
  • 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Stuff...Thanks!

Jah welcome.
  • 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
    JohnMichael
    Je suis en retard. I have been enjoying my discs for a while. I have always loved Margo's voice so I loved the disc and included it with my other CJ discs. 'Cause Cheap Is How I Feel!
  • 05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    ... 'Cause Cheap Is How I Feel!

Really? 'Cause I always said I'm easy but I'm not cheap.
  • 06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Oh calm down, I've flights to Kelowna that took longer than this. Besides, there'll be fun extras.

Sticks My Man,

Just got your disks, great stuff. Right up my alley.:thumbsup:

Gotta say I likes da Ben Harper and da NO Social club disks the best. Funny that Dr.John has been on a bit of a renaissance around here lately anyway.:1:

The CJ certainly is a different take on some old blues classics. I kept on wanting to turn the speed up a bit tho. Nice late night tunes.Haven't had a chance to really listen to the Hayward Williams but sounds good the little I heard so far.

You da man Bobby.
  • 06-05-2008, 01:52 AM
    bobsticks
    Kewl. I'm glad you posted...despite my glib response I was starting to worry 'bout your Royal Mounted Dog 'n' Pony Show losing everything.

I suppose one could say Dr. John is on the comeback but he never really faded in this household. Creole Moon and Gumbo get some serious play. I kinda guessed on the Harper but I'm glad to hear ya liked that too.