Music related dog names

Printable View

• 03-15-2004, 02:47 PM
    Jim Clark
    Music related dog names
    Good 'ol Jazz had to be put to sleep after 17 years of faithful companionship. Chase, who was adopted had massive personality issues we simply couldn't resolve was relocated a couple of months ago. So now we have a four month old male, blonde snoodle that needs a name. The boys are voting for Webber (as in Chris) but I was hoping for some divine inspiration but as of yet, it hasn't hit.

So far I've only come up with Voodoo (as in Wall of). Not sure it's a good fit. Ramone seems more suited to a chihuahua.

Other options:

Augie
    Beau
    Boomer
    Bisbee
    Blitz (sports and Blitzkrieg Bop!)
    Digger
    Kosmo
    Fleck
    Magic
    Izzy
    Taz

I'm hurting here. Wish I could post a pic but have no digital camera. Suggestions? If you come up with one that we use I'll create a comp in your honor. Who could resist that?
  • 03-15-2004, 04:20 PM
    Finch Platte
    Hmmm.
    Gleeber
    Potzie
    Wankel
    Thurston (Howell III)
    Troy
    Guido
    Bonezilla
    Honus Waggin'er

More where that came from, unfortunately. You know where to send the comp.

Thanks!

fp

P.S. Sorry to hear about Jazz... :(
  • 03-15-2004, 04:37 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    I've never been very creative at the name game
    but from the first time I heard the band name Wilco I thought that it would be a good name for a pet.

Sorry to hear about Jazz. I hope that your new pup brings you joy for as many years as Jazz did.

FA

P.S. What the heck is a Snoodle?
  • 03-15-2004, 04:50 PM
    dph1965
    How about:
    Winter Bowie Led or Zep
    Axel Dean
    Sting Snoop
    Rex Iggy
  • 03-15-2004, 04:52 PM
    dph1965
    Wilco Fan?
    Find them live if you like their music....
  • 03-15-2004, 05:01 PM
    DarrenH
    Cash
    Miles
    Willie
    Jethro
    King
    Elton
    Rocky
    Hootchie
    Pootchie
    Stash
    Dawg
    Rascal
    Floyd
    Joey
    Jude

edit:
    Syd
    Indie
    Shoegazer
  • 03-15-2004, 05:50 PM
    Dave_G
    Bella
    We have a little woofer, her name is Bella, the kids like her, I put up with her.

Dave
  • 03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
    Finch Platte
    There ya go, Jim.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_G
    We have a little woofer, her name is Bella, the kids like her, I put up with her.

Dave

Woofer! Then get a bird and call it, uh... Satellite?

fp
  • 03-15-2004, 06:07 PM
    Davey
    Sammy "Schnoodle" Hagar!

http://us.ent1.yimg.com/images.launc...88/3488816.jpg

Does he look kind of like that? BTW, I think he's probably a schnoodle, not snoodle, right? Anyway, Sammy is always the name I suggest even though I've never had a dog of my own named that. Just seems like a good name for a little guy :)
  • 03-15-2004, 06:10 PM
    jasn
    Sorry to admit it, but Webber is actually a pretty cool dog name too. Think of the points you'll get for letting your boys win one...

But, its a mutt right? (I'm guessing a snoodle is a snauzer and a poodle mix)

So call it Comp...
  • 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
    dph1965
    good one Davey
    was thinking of sammy myself!
  • 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Maxinquaye (Max for short)

My family used to have a dog named Sammy.
  • 03-15-2004, 06:51 PM
    Finch Platte
    Max?????????
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Maxinquaye (Max for short)

My family used to have a dog named Sammy.

Oh, swell. Call out "MAX!!" at the dog park and watch 75% of the dogs come running to you.

Max. Sheesh.

fp
  • 03-15-2004, 08:58 PM
    Audio Girl
    You've touched my heart strings
    I love animals -- ours tend to be named for geographic areas: our first, a male mini schnauzer was "Tex"; our second, a female mini schnauzer is "Dixi". The feline calico we adopted from the shelter is "Montana". However, the male we purchased once Tex was gone (after 16 years) was "Scout" just becaused he looked like a Scout. Our adopted lab was already named "Molly" but it suits her to the tee. But for a male, blonde schnoodle, here are my suggestions:

"Dylan"
    "George"
    "Harry"
    "Ringo"
    "Cobain" (sorry, I couldn't resist)
    "Justin" or "Timberlake" (again, I couldn't resist)
    "Revolver"
    "Mercury" as in Eddie
    "Fogarty"
    "Crosby"
    "Neil"
    "Stills"
    "Louie"
    "Montgomery"

Personally I like "Graham" (as in Nash & Greene).

Ag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Good 'ol Jazz had to be put to sleep after 17 years of faithful companionship. Chase, who was adopted had massive personality issues we simply couldn't resolve was relocated a couple of months ago. So now we have a four month old male, blonde snoodle that needs a name. The boys are voting for Webber (as in Chris) but I was hoping for some divine inspiration but as of yet, it hasn't hit.

So far I've only come up with Voodoo (as in Wall of). Not sure it's a good fit. Ramone seems more suited to a chihuahua.

Other options:

Augie
    Beau
    Boomer
    Bisbee
    Digger
    Kosmo
    Fleck
    Magic
    Izzy
    Taz

I'm hurting here. Wish I could post a pic but have no digital camera. Suggestions? If you come up with one that we use I'll create a comp in your honor. Who could resist that?

• 03-15-2004, 09:12 PM
    Audio Girl
    You know this post is gonna be like one of those songs you can't get outta yer head
    Another good 'un: "Fitz"

I just love Ms. Ella

Or maybe "Clooney"

How 'bout "Hendrix"

okay i'm stoppin now...

ag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Clark

Other options:

Augie
    Beau
    Boomer
    Bisbee
    Digger
    Kosmo
    Fleck
    Magic
    Izzy
    Taz

• 03-16-2004, 06:12 AM
    Jim Clark
    Some good suggestions, thank you guys and gal! Most notable in my opinion:

Honus Waggin'er-not seriously considered but everyone got a huge laugh out of that one-classic.

Wilco-never occured to me but I like-a lot. Wish I was a bigger Wilco fan.

Joey-This one did pop up shortly after Ramone, ultimately this isn't going to be it though, not 'dog' enough.

Stills-Yeah, I'm liking that one for obvious reasons. Briefly considered Ferdinand!

BTW Mary, Bisbee is a name of a town in Arizona plus we tried to think of a way to make Kansas sound decent. J-dawg? Rock Chaulk dog? Kansas??? Didn't quite work but we did try some geography.

Davey-not being an AKC breed I don't think there are too many hard and fast titles for the breed. Jazz was a schnoodle and was sold to me as such. This particular breeder advertised them as snoodles. A web search shows both titles being used however schnoodles sounds better and is more common for this particular designer breed. For the official record, he doesn't look a thing like a poodle or he'd still be at the farm!

I also liked Jasn's suggestion to let the boys decide. He's correct of course and Webber isn't really that bad. At the moment they're leaning towards Cosmo (spelling changed by them) I guess I could call him Cosmo dog, or CD for short!

thanks to all who played "Name That Dog".

jc
  • 03-16-2004, 09:22 AM
    Troy
    I had a 1965 Fod Galaxie called "Cosmo". The one with the stacked headlights. What a gigantic car. I glued a small model of a Tiger tank to the dashboard and painted the grille flat black. I always got to go first at 4 way stop signs.
  • 03-18-2004, 02:29 PM
    MindGoneHaywire
    Didn't you say yr cat's name is "Crunchie"? Or was that a joke? If I remember correctly you had a calico inside a box. Looked like a real cat, though.

Music names for pets? Was there something about a dog named Mozart? If not, I like that. Iggy strikes me as a good one, as well as Dee Dee (as opposed to another Ramones-related name). Or C.J. With a nod to the Mentors, how about Sickie (as in Wifebeater)? Or Fear--how about Derf? I don't think anyone suggested Bjork, either, though that's a name that seems well-suited to a St. Bernard.