• 05-18-2012, 08:20 AM
    LeRoy
    Music Links you may have an interest in
  • 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM
    JohnMichael
    Thanks for the good links. I hope anyone with reference links to sites listing multiple music recommendations will include them. We already have threads for single record recommendations. All genres of music welcome.
  • 05-21-2012, 05:58 AM
    Jim Clark
    Thanks a lot! I will probably buy the wireless dac/transmitter combo featured on the Online Journal for the serious audiophile site. I've been thinking about jumping on the streaming thing for a while, for the price, this looks like it may be a great place to start.

Regards,
    jc
  • 05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
    Davey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    Thanks a lot! I will probably buy the wireless dac/transmitter combo featured on the Online Journal for the serious audiophile site. I've been thinking about jumping on the streaming thing for a while, for the price, this looks like it may be a great place to start.

Regards,
    jc

They do look nice, but as you probably know it's a quickly evolving section of the high end audio world. There are cheaper ways to go wireless if using a network, like the Squeezebox that I think Sloshy still uses. But this does look like it could be pretty flexible if you don't want to set up a home network. I don't understand why the volume control is on the sender unit though? Has to be digital at that point, so seems kind of superfluous if using a computer source, though the sender unit would likely be the one closest to the user. It really needs a remote controlled analog VC in the receiver, that would be a cool setup and add a lot of value. But I guess if the processing is done in the sender with enough precision it would be OK. It is built to old USB standards so only does 24-96 over USB, but that's high enough rate for most people.
  • 05-25-2012, 05:31 AM
    LeRoy
    @Jim Clark, your welcome.
  • 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM
    LeRoy
    I enjoy listening to a variety of music from around the globe and particularly music from South America, Africa, and the Middle East. So, thought I would share this site with you as I do occasionally order from this site.

Six Degrees Records - About Us
  • 11-17-2013, 11:42 PM
    Finch Platte
    Ok, so why is this a hot topic? The last post was over 2 years ago. ):~(

Got yer link right here!
  • 11-22-2013, 08:39 PM
    Traveller
    You want a link? I got ya a link right here:

https://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=atoz

I've picked up XTC's Nonsuch and 2 Steven Wilson's in Blu-Ray Pure Audio (XTC not a concert, but hi res multi channel), King Crimson, Nosound, and Porcupine Tree in DVD-A.

Altho it's a Brit website, they seem like good chaps, have good prices, an interesting artist mix (sorry, no alt country) and have shipped my orders across the pond without any incidents.
  • 09-14-2015, 08:01 AM
    Kaudi
    Six degrees records
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I enjoy listening to a variety of music from around the globe and particularly music from South America, Africa, and the Middle East. So, thought I would share this site with you as I do occasionally order from this site.

Six Degrees Records - About Us

Great, Thanks, I was looking for something like this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV72oKy3dxE