• 10-29-2004, 06:39 AM
    Finch Platte
    Multiple thanks to JC and Mr. MidFi!
    Tuesday was bonus day at work when the mailbox was stuffed w/ 2 discs apiece from JC and MidFi. Jim sent his Halloween comp (very good for playing at work- especially the reading of The Raven) and a very lofi disc of a band called The Legends. Hmmmm. I dunno about this one, yet. It does seem to have good potential to become an ear worm.

MidFi passed along 2 of his comps, Waiting to Derail (nice cover art), and a comp of stuff Jar has sent him, called J.A.R. (Just Another Ripoff, comprised of songs Jar has sent him over time. No review on this just yet). WTD is a fun disc, with bands ranging from Bash & Pop to Wilco. I really like this disc and have played it many times already.

Terrible "review," I know, but I wanted to acknowledge these generous offerings, and if you haven't gotten any of these yet, I'll bet if you beg, they'd be glad to send you copies.

Many thanks, guys!

fp
  • 10-29-2004, 09:58 AM
    Mr MidFi
    The pleasure is all mine. OK, it's probably Jim's too.

Yeah, WTD is an oldy...I just recently rediscovered it and thought you'd prolly dig it. The JAR thing is fairly different, but I've been playing it a lot lately.

Anyway, thanks again for your recent discs...they are, indeed, all over the map!
  • 10-29-2004, 12:39 PM
    Jim Clark
    It's all good buddy. Figured I was a little late in turning the tables and it seemed as good a time as any.

Unless I'm really pressed for time I generally don't send just one disc when two is so little additional cost. In retrospect the Legends probably wasn't the absolute best choice but my supply of the hippo ball sucking stuff you would probably like is especially limited this year. I guess you're going to have to live with camel ball slurping toons.

Have a great weekend.

jc
  • 10-31-2004, 08:59 AM
    Hyfi
    Was that Halloween disk for this year or next?

Damn Post Office!

Oh well.
  • 10-31-2004, 03:36 PM
    Jim Clark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Was that Halloween disk for this year or next?

Damn Post Office!

Oh well.

Man, I'm sorry about that. I was worried about the folks in Canada, I figured us guys were safe. From my end I'm 99.5 percent positive that I mailed it! I give myself a little wiggle room since I mailed about 13 packages that day. Pretty sure I had them all accounted for though. I've never had a comp just not show up although I have mailed a blank CDR before.

We have been having a bit of trouble with the mail. Our August car payment never arrrived at the bank. After finally figuring out their call and hang up system of harrassement we realized the check got lost. We paid for a stop payment and sent another, with late fees of course. Recently we sent our October payment, the check was presented for payment but our bank applied the stop payment on that check (same payee, same amount, different check number). So round and round we went again but this time with a letter from the bank saying they screwed up. This time around the late fees were waived though. Basically I'm what I'm getting at is that at times the mail can suck, but so can my bank. There is no lesson here.

I'll see what I can do to make it up to you!

jc
  • 10-31-2004, 04:03 PM
    Hyfi
    No sweat Jim.