Thread: I miss Dave G

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

I miss Dave G

and all his Kansas talk.

I've been listening to Point of Know Return and Leftoverture today. A couple of fine CDs that I never tire of.

Where did he go? Can we bring him back?

Kansas LO is a classic that I'll always treasure. Been through many copies (8-track, casset, LP's, CD, etc...) I saw them live, but wasn't as impressed. Still, the music get's playing time at our house.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    My favorite Kansas album of all is still "Song for America". It's definitely within my top 5 favorite American prog rock albums.

kansas good

C-Z
    Forum Regular
    I just came back. Did I scare him away?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    and all his Kansas talk.

I've been listening to Point of Know Return and Leftoverture today. A couple of fine CDs that I never tire of.
    speaking of Kansas...did you get the new Cryptic Vision album?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    speaking of Kansas...did you get the new Cryptic Vision album?
    No. The reviews that I read were pretty mixed and it wasn't released in Canada, so it's an expensive purchase that I wasn't sure enough about to pull the trigger on.

Have you heard it? Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Z
    I just came back. Did I scare him away?
    Dave's been MIA for a while now. He made a very brief appearance here last month, but didn't stick around for more than a post or two. So, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't you.

....but who knows, I could be wrong.

Forum Regular

Kansas still rools

FA,

Glad you still love those old Kansas albums, they are some of my favorite recordings as well.

I know a lot of people despise Kansas but that's ok, I don't like a lot of stuff others love either!

But to me, some of the older Kansas music was written with heart and soul, what with Kerry Livgren writing some incredible deep lyrics and Steve's pure voice singing them (with some help from Robbie), it's timeless music that should be listened to closely.

Even some of Audiovisions has some very powerful songs on it.

Kansas is in flux, Robbie "quit", but they keep on going.

I haven't seen them live in years, Steve's voice has changed for the worse and they are of course w/o Kerry, so it's just not the same anymore. Steve's new solo album is very difficult for me to listen to so I just leave it alone.

Lately I have been enjoying the new Flower Kings dvd, the new Galahad dvd, the new IQ dvd, the new Pendragon dvd, and some of Demetrio's old comps. Remember, I am a progger at the core and thus have to dedicate my time to that genre.

I'm trying to finish the new Neil Peart book but it's kind of boring.

I have also been back playing a lot of golf, enjoying my 2 boys, and enjoying time with my girlfriend who is also a music fan (even tho we have different tastes)(but she promised me she will watch the new Pendragon dvd with me) so for the most part all is good!

I still spin vinyl and even dubbed a Grace Slick lp to cdr the other day and it sounded pretty darn good.

Thanks for inviting me back to post here, I hope everyone is well.

Take care.

Dave

Dave who?

DPM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    FA,

Lately I have been enjoying the new Flower Kings dvd, the new Galahad dvd, the new IQ dvd, the new Pendragon dvd, and some of Demetrio's old comps.
    Dave
    What ever happened to Demetrio anyway? He used to show up over at Audio Asylum, but I haven't seen a post from him for a long while. I still spin his comps from time to time, and he's the one who got me into the new prog scene.

DPM

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    FA,

Thanks for inviting me back to post here, I hope everyone is well.

Dave
    Invited you? It's the internet, man, you don't need an invitation.

Seriously Dave, it's good to see you back here and it sounds like things are getting better for you. Good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    What ever happened to Demetrio anyway? He used to show up over at Audio Asylum, but I haven't seen a post from him for a long while. I still spin his comps from time to time, and he's the one who got me into the new prog scene.

DPM
    Demetrio made a cameo appearance here about a month or so ago. He was posting over at Audio Karma as well around the same time. I haven't checked in there for a few weeks so I'm not sure if he's still posting there or not.

I also really love Kansas (with Kerry). Their album Somewhere to Elsewhere is decent for the newer recordings (BTW it is with all the original members and all songs written by Kerry).

Thread Information