Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

The Most Entertaining Show

I am wondering what the most entertaining show you've ever seen is. Not the most artistically pure, or moving show...just straight up fun and entertaining.

I will say that a close second was Dread Zeppelin at Lee's Palace in Toronto Canada. So much fun.

The absolute most entertaining had to have been Gwar at The Opera House in Toronto. I know most of you have seen Gwar's shtick, but that wasn't even the best part.

After Malhavoc were done playing, roughly an hour had passed and people were getting antsy. The crowd started yelling in unison..."Gwar! Gwar! Gwar!"

Finally this weasely business guy in a suit comes out to center stage. He gets on the mic and starts telling us how Gwar are unable to play, why they can't play and blah blah. People are yelling and telling him to fukk himself.

Just at that moment, their manager, Sleazy P. comes out and grabs this guy by the scruff of the neck..."What are your talkin bout? My boys will play!".....

And then BOOOOM!!! Light and smoke.

It clears a bit and there's the Sexecutioner with a huge double headed axe and chops the business guys head off. The body starts spewing blood and she throws it into the crowd. At that very moment, the smoke all clears and there's Gwar!! They bust into a number and my god!! Fake blood just started spewing all over the place...

Hahahha....a spectacle indeed. It was hilarious and wicked fun.

Hmmmm

Good question. Multiband bill back in 1973 at Madison Square Garden... "War" and "Earth Wind and Fire". Amazing. War opened by showing a full half hour episode of "The Cisco Kid" which they morphed into the hit song, and it was all uphill from there.

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Oh my goodness, there are so many to choose from. But if we're talking about pure entertainment, I love a good storyteller. So with that in mind a few come immediately to mind.

Rik Emmett
    Tom Russell
    Chris Smither
    Jimmy Webb
    Carole King

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    HHhmmmm...interesting question...and i would say that often I've been surprised by acts that I've stumbled into...

Stanley Clarke and Earl Klugh
    Wynton Marsalis
    The Cult
    Duran Duran
    Megadeth
    Kid Rock
    Collective Soul...(yeah, I said it)
    The Verve Pipe
    Godsmack w/Jesus Lizard
    Sade w/ Bryan Ferry
    The Y-Store
    Revolting Cocks
    Ministry
    The Meatmen
    Ray Lamontagne
    Saucy Jack
    Yo La Tengo
    Social Distortion w/ The Reverand
    David Lee Roth w/ Yngwie Malmsteen (very odd bill)
    KMFDM
    Buddy Guy
    Koko Taylor
    Buddy w/Koko Taylor
    Nappy Brown

Those are the immdeiate thoughts with a lot of different reasoning...good people + good band + good band and venue = good times...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Another nod for Dread Zeppelin. I saw them several times in the early 90s and they were a riot. Tight band with extremely creative arrangements, they were not just a gimmick.

The Plasmatics were amusing too. Wendy-O wearing only blue cotton panties, motorcycle boots and 2" strips of electrical tape on her nipples, chain-sawing guitars in half and sledge-hammering TVs and dozens of other objects onstage. It was truly mayhem.

I'd choose among one of either,

The Cramps
    The Violent Femmes
    Yellowman

All seen in the mid-80s at mid-size venues in Montreal
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Forum Regular
    I am wondering what the most entertaining show you've ever seen is. Not the most artistically pure, or moving show...just straight up fun and entertaining.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having a problem answering this.........I've come to the conclusion that unless I am moved by an artistically pure communication of the music, I don't find it entertaining.

Thread Information