3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

Question moral dilemma (I guess)

I have, in the past purchased used CDs off Amazon to good satisfaction, meaning they are usually in the shape the seller says they're in, arriving in a timely manner. On at least two occasions, I've received CDs with library stickers on them...I'm guessing these have been checked out, then sold. Should I contact Amazon, and return the CDs? Should I bring this up to the seller? Both these CDs were purchased from reputable sellers, according to Amazon's rating system, something I usually pay attention to.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    Pretty odd indeed. Are the Library stickers recent? Can you contact them to see if they were stolen or sold off? If the Library sold them like a used book, and then someone resells it, I don't see the problem.

I can't believe a reputable seller would do that. And why...

...didn't they take the stickers off in the first place if they were stolen? You would think a thief would cover his/her tracks a little better than that.

I just bought a used cd on Amazon because it was not longer available new. Davey was raving about Devotion + Doubt by Richard Buckner as maybe 'the best...record...ever", so I figured I needed to have it.

By the way, it's in excellent shape and looks like it was just taken out of its plastic wrapper. Sweeeeeeeeet!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Let's talk...

...about it....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    This made me chuckle - 20 bonus points to anyone who can tell us the pictured library cop's name!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    This made me chuckle - 20 bonus points to anyone who can tell us the pictured library cop's name!
    That's Mr. Bookman, of course!

Classic Seinefeld! Here';s the YouTube video for your...

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    ....viewing pleasure. I'm not sure how to set this in HTML, so you'll have to click on the fokkin link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zePQavforA
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Swishy, you're such a geezer...

Here's the video.

P.S. On You Tube, highlight the long link beside "imbed" and copy it here. That will imbed the video in your post.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    P.S. On You Tube, highlight the long link beside "imbed" and copy it here. That will imbed the video in your post.
    I've tried that and it won't work for me...maybe I have something in my personal settings that's preventing me from doing so.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

But, but.....it sounds so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Had they mentioned that in cryptic notes in a tiny font near the bottom of the page I would have easily figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ....viewing pleasure. I'm not sure how to set this in HTML, so you'll have to click on the fokkin link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zePQavforA
    That scene probably makes my top-10 sitcom scenes of all-time.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Thread Information