2010 Year-End Comp: Part 1

I had some free time on my hands yesterday and decided to try to get a rough idea of how I wanted my 2010 YEC to shape up. What quickly became apparent was even with 2.5 months to go I already had way too much stuff to fit on one CD. Even so, as you can see in the screen shot, I ran over the 80 minute mark, but with a few cross fades here and there I managed to make it fit just fine.

That being the case I decided to try something a little different this year. I ripped the entire CD-R as a single .wav file with a cue sheet. All you have to do is launch EAC, Nero, etc. and drag in the cue sheet and the disc will burn with all of the cross fades and CD Text info intact. Should be easy.

Slosh 2010 YEC: Part 1
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Looks pretty tasty Slosh. I have less than half of these, so I'm looking forward to hearing this.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Saw Christmas decorations out in the various big box stores, thought 'the end is nigh'. It seems to come earlier every year!

gracias! converting away...

42 Regular
    Very nice, man. As usual.
    Can't wait to go home and d/l it!
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to to trying to figure out how to burn this! You know, anything new freaks me out. It'll be worth it.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Thanks man, I'm looking forward to to trying to figure out how to burn this! You know, anything new freaks me out. It'll be worth it.

jc
    Right-click on the Cue file, hit open with Nero (or EAC or whatever), click burn CD.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    In the event that there is another Mac user interested in this comp...

On a Mac, Toast is the only program I am aware of that will let you open the Cue file and burn a disk from it directly. I don't have Toast.

However, you can drag and drop the Cue file into the free application Max (sbooth.org) and Max will split the .wav file into individual tracks and convert them to whatever format you want. This is what I did to convert to Apple Lossless. If I wanted a CD, I'd then create a playlist in iTunes and burn from there.

Thanks again, Slosh.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    In the event that there is another Mac user interested in this comp...

On a Mac, Toast is the only program I am aware of that will let you open the Cue file and burn a disk from it directly. I don't have Toast.

However, you can drag and drop the Cue file into the free application Max (sbooth.org) and Max will split the .wav file into individual tracks and convert them to whatever format you want. This is what I did to convert to Apple Lossless. If I wanted a CD, I'd then create a playlist in iTunes and burn from there.
    You should try X Lossless Decoder. It's basically a copy of Exact Audio Copy, except it's for Mac (and like EAC, it's completely free).

http://download.cnet.com/X-Lossless-..._4-189505.html

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    ok, here's an old geezer having problems burning a disc. Nero easily opened the CUE file but it's too big for my medium (Maxell 80min/700mb music cd-r). What should I try next? (BTW-I probably have the version of Nero that was playing while Rome was burning.)

Thanks, Slosh. I am able to listen to it. If I have to, I'll let it play on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    ok, here's an old geezer having problems burning a disc. Nero easily opened the CUE file but it's too big for my medium (Maxell 80min/700mb music cd-r). What should I try next? (BTW-I probably have the version of Nero that was playing while Rome was burning.)
    I don't know, it burned just fine on my computer with both Nero 7 and Exact Audio Copy.

Nero

EAC

I guess you can try splitting the .wav into individual tracks and reassembling it. Just be sure to make all of the gaps 0 seconds to preserve the cross fades.
    Last edited by Slosh; 10-22-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Tried the "overburn" feature on Nero despite all the warnings that the world will end, etc. Got a successful burn message. I'll see just how successful when I take the disc out on the road, but I like what I've heard so far. Thanks again. Looking forward to part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Tried the "overburn" feature on Nero despite all the warnings that the world will end, etc. Got a successful burn message. I'll see just how successful when I take the disc out on the road, but I like what I've heard so far.
    The world will end when I do my 2012 YEC

Thread Information