Forum Regular

Get all you deserve

Two plus hours of excellent music and virtuosistic playing from Steven Wilson and band. very highly recommended blue ray concert.

Ok...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Steve Wilson and band as in his solo stuff? Or Steve Wilson and band as in Porcupine Tree?

If it's the former, I've yet to hear a SW solo disk that hasn't put me to sleep. If it's the latter, I'm getting a bit tired of them. They need to release another In Absentia type album. I once had them on autobuy, but no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    If it's the former, I've yet to hear a SW solo disk that hasn't put me to sleep. If it's the latter, I'm getting a bit tired of them.
    Finally coming around are you? Yes, prog is boring and sleep-inducing.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Steve Wilson and band as in his solo stuff? Or Steve Wilson and band as in Porcupine Tree?

If it's the former, I've yet to hear a SW solo disk that hasn't put me to sleep. If it's the latter, I'm getting a bit tired of them. They need to release another In Absentia type album. I once had them on autobuy, but no longer.
    I picked this up a few days ago. Another friend raved about it. This won't put you to sleep, as the dynamics are amazing. It's almost Opeth-like in that it gets REALLY loud, then to a whisper to loud again. But it's not Opeth music, it's SW's solo stuff. It's not really stuff I cared for when I bought his solo discs, so I don't recognize the songs. He's almost orchestral in the way his arrangements are. He plays keys and guitar, when he's not running around the stage shaking his hands at his band. Band is a drummer, guitarist, bassist and a guy who plays flute, clarinet and sax. Don't know any of the musicians.

Don't expect Porcupine Tree, expect Wilson solo stuff.

Filmed very well in Mexico City, by the same guy who did the PT live DVDs. Wish they had shown more of the hot Latinas in the audience, tho.

Thread Information