Many thanks, Geezer and Hifi!

A few days ago, I received a Govt. Mule anthology from DaveG and a CD copy of Ken Hensley's (Uriah Heep) solo disc, Proud Words On A Dusty Shelf.

I'm listening to the Hensley (again) and I still love this disc as it spans the abyss of many years. Brings back pleasant memories of listening to it, both on LP and 8-track. Thanks for taking the time, Brian. Hope Dave got a copy, too. He may think it's a bit hokey- I hope not.

The Govt Mule is a keeper too, Dave. There's a couple of clinkers- and they seem to be covers. Fer instance, She Said, She Said and War Pigs. I dunno about WP, it just seems a pale comparison to the original, especially the vocals. You gotta hear Faith No More's version- it's frickin' faithful to the original, and rocks even harder. The GM guitarist is very good, and the drummer has some decent chops that I enjoy. I appreciate the note you included as well.

You guys rock. It's almost enough to overcome the new forum

fp

Yeah, thanks Brian for the Ken Hensley.

Very well done. And the music is great. I does appear the ending of Cold Autumn Sunday was abruptly ended though, then a bit of silence, then the start of The Last Time. No biggie.

Hensley has an Anthology disc available and it covers 6 of the tunes found on Proud Words. I may just get this as I believe Proud Words is OOP or at least I haven't been able to find it yet.

Anyhoo, thanks for taking the time to send me this great CDR.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Forum Regular

Rock on, Brothers!

I took Trevor to the Atlanta Record Show Sunday and guess what L.P. they had right out front on one of the dealers tables?

That Ken Hensley one!

I freaked. Talk about irony.

Phinchie, you are welcome, glad yer Mule arrived okay.

I actually like those cover songs!

Regards,

Dave the Trail Maker

Your avatar reminded me- what happened to Troy?

And how much did they want for the Hensley?

That's weird.

fp

Forum Regular
    Oh, nothing happened to Troy.

My Avatar says "Troy Hates Smilies", which he does.

But my Avatar shall soon change.

They only wanted 5 bucks for the Hensley album. I thoit it was weird, too. Ya'll got me wanting to hear that darn thing badly now.

I played "Sonic Origami" on my way in this A.M., the newest UH studio cd. Pretty good, but not like the old stuff.

Dave

Suspended

You guys are most welcome.

Finch-
    No Problem. I was plenty happy to figure out how to rip my tapes. Even if I'm one of the last to do so. If you didn't tape your album, you don't have to make me one unless it sounds better. If you decide to rip some LPs, you can edit out that booger and it won't be too noticable compared to the pop.

Darren-
    Your welcome. The reason for the abrupt end and beginning is because they somehow ran together on the disk. If I did not split them, you could not switch tracks. Unless you got a bum burn. Hope you enjoy the tunes as they are awesome in my book.

Gary-
    Guess I don't need to burn one for you. Err do I. Did you buy it? If not let me know.

Hyfi

Thread Information