• 10-16-2007, 08:31 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Mannheim Steamroller bubble bath anyone?
    I just returned from Florida where we visited The Kennedy Space Center. While wandering around there, they were playing this wonderful ambient, spacey music that I really enjoyed. While talking to an employee in the gift shop I learned that the music was recorded by Mannheim Steamroller but was not available on CD for public sales.

    This morning I went onto the Mannheim Steamroller web site for the first time ever. I didn't find the music that I was looking for, but I did find that they sell lots of non-musical items such as Bath and Body items and food items.

    You can listen to a Mannheim Steamroller CD while sipping on Mannheim Steamroller hot chocolate and grilling a steak seasoned with Mannheim Steamroller steak salt. Very strange.

    On another musical note, I picked up a Mannheim Steamroller CD of Disney music which has some very interesting interpretations and arrangements. Some of the CD is very good. Other parts sound a little cheesy.
  • 10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
    PeruvianSkies
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I just returned from Florida where we visited The Kennedy Space Center. While wandering around there, they were playing this wonderful ambient, spacey music that I really enjoyed. While talking to an employee in the gift shop I learned that the music was recorded by Mannheim Steamroller but was not available on CD for public sales.

    This morning I went onto the Mannheim Steamroller web site for the first time ever. I didn't find the music that I was looking for, but I did find that they sell lots of non-musical items such as Bath and Body items and food items.

    You can listen to a Mannheim Steamroller CD while sipping on Mannheim Steamroller hot chocolate and grilling a steak seasoned with Mannheim Steamroller steak salt. Very strange.

    On another musical note, I picked up a Mannheim Steamroller CD of Disney music which has some very interesting interpretations and arrangements. Some of the CD is very good. Other parts sound a little cheesy.

    I don't know about this for sure, but I believe they do this primarily to get income in order to remain fairly independent and take on expensive projects without needing funding from outside sources as much.
  • 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I didn't find the music that I was looking for, but I did find that they sell lots of non-musical items such as Bath and Body items and food items.

    It's gotta be better than the Motorhead toothpaste I was using...

    My William Holden Drinking Helmet comes in handy from time to time though.
  • 10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    It's gotta be better than the Motorhead toothpaste I was using...

    My William Holden Drinking Helmet comes in handy from time to time though.

    Lol- I hear Lemmy's got a mole remover kit out, but I'd be willing to bet it's not very effective.

    fp
  • 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Lol- I hear Lemmy's got a mole remover kit out, but I'd be willing to bet it's not very effective.

    fp

    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2hbmSuqSvA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2hbmSuqSvA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

    Oh yeah, I went there.