• 11-20-2003, 03:13 PM
    Davey.
    Looks like some of us need avatar help
    Maybe we could come up with a good picture for Dave Geezer and Sloshy and some of the others. Maybe we could come up with a better one for me! Any and all comments and suggestions welcome.
  • 11-20-2003, 03:27 PM
    tentoze
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Slosh
    An ex-girlfriend (who was a current girlfriend at the time) once gave me a card with a picture of a very old woman giving the finger and when you opened it up it read "Sometimes words aren't enough". :)

    Damn, I miss her sometimes!

    NP: Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West (long album)

    I swear I was married to the same woman..............

    ;)
  • 11-20-2003, 03:34 PM
    Slosh
    I actually have a good one
    An ex-girlfriend (who was a current girlfriend at the time) once gave me a card with a picture of a very old woman giving the finger and when you opened it up it read "Sometimes words aren't enough". :)

    Damn, I miss her sometimes!

    NP: Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West (long album)
  • 11-20-2003, 04:37 PM
    Jim Clark
    I've gone through about five or six before settling on this goofy thing. At least it's music related and I dig the animated gif action. I'm working on a little Jayhawk number but I think I can live with this one for a while. It's hard to find 'the one'.

    Some of them I just don't get, like Troy's, others I can't see-like Chip's. Perhaps they could offer an explanation in the signature file. Couldn't do that at the old place.

    jc
  • 11-21-2003, 09:03 AM
    Dave_G
    I've tried about 6 images thus far and they are all "too large".

    Will continue to try...

    I have limited photo editing software...

    Dave
  • 11-21-2003, 09:38 AM
    Ex Lion Tamer
    What's an Avatar?
    besides of course the model name of my amp?
  • 11-21-2003, 09:38 AM
    Davey.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    I've tried about 6 images thus far and they are all "too large".

    Will continue to try...

    I have limited photo editing software...

    Dave

    Hey Dave, you can always just use Paint to resize the image. Just open the image file and then go to image attributes to get the initial size and then go to image stretch/skew and enter the percentage (80 divided by initial size). Jimbo posted the link to download a freebie that works real nice and allows you to resize directly in pixels instead of the percentage used in paint.

    http://www.irfanview.com/
  • 11-21-2003, 10:18 AM
    Dave_G
    I have been opening the files with Hijaak pro, will try the paint option and see what we will find!

    Dave
  • 11-21-2003, 10:30 AM
    Snowbunny
    Hey Smartypants
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davey.
    Hey Dave, you can always just use Paint to resize the image. Just open the image file and then go to image attributes to get the initial size and then go to image stretch/skew and enter the percentage (80 divided by initial size). Jimbo posted the link to download a freebie that works real nice and allows you to resize directly in pixels instead of the percentage used in paint.

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    The Paint option worked for dimensions but the overall size was still too big. I downloaded irfanview and it worked like a charm using the half size option. Thanks to you and Trollboy Jim Clark.
  • 11-21-2003, 10:41 AM
    Davey.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    What's an avatar, besides of course the model name of my amp?

    It's that optional silly little picture under your moniker that gives us all a chance to make fun of you. I just made you a little one if you wanna use it.

    http://members.mailaka.net/davey/wire.gif

    If you do, just go to the my profile link and then select avatar and then use http://members.mailaka.net/davey/wire.gif for the URL and hit submit!

    Or pick one of your own :)
  • 11-21-2003, 11:10 AM
    Ex Lion Tamer
    Cool one Davey....
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davey.
    Or pick one of your own :)

    Let's see how this one works, (I have a feeling it'll be too small).

    I know, I know, it's a tiger not a lion. Quit splitting hairs. Maybe I'll go to the flashing album covers. :(
  • 11-21-2003, 11:55 AM
    Stone
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    I know, I know, it's a tiger not a lion. Quit splitting hairs. Maybe I'll go to the flashing album covers. :(

    That's pretty damn funny. So is this:
  • 11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
    Ex Lion Tamer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Stone
    That's pretty damn funny. So is this:

    Ah yes, the famous "white tricycle" chase.
  • 11-21-2003, 12:06 PM
    tentoze
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Stone
    That's pretty damn funny. So is this:

    Hey, it took me an extra HOUR to get home last night because of that clown! The streets were clogged with morons going to the casino he ended up at, which is only a mile or so from my house.
  • 11-21-2003, 01:13 PM
    Jim Clark
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Thanks to you and Trollboy Jim Clark.

    What's up with that, or do I even want to know?

    jc
  • 11-21-2003, 01:33 PM
    Davey.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    What's up with that, or do I even want to know?

    jc

    Snowbunny is affectionately what we call around here a Troublemaker, with a capital T. It started with her misquoting me in another thread over at http://forums.audioreview.com/showpo...5&postcount=16 but you might have to go up a few posts to see my original words which said nothing about you! Be careful what you say though, these things have a way of sticking. And I'm not busying your balls on that either.

    ;)
  • 11-21-2003, 01:59 PM
    Jim Clark
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davey.
    Be careful what you say though, these things have a way of sticking. And I'm not busying your balls on that either.

    ;)

    See, I missed that whole exchange and it's primarily due to the format switch, and yet life somehow went on just like nothing happened. Thanks for setting me straight on that one. In retrospect I probably should have waited before I sent the hate mail to Snowie (this is where the smiley would go if I used them)

    Speaking of busying things, next time you guys better print it out fast. Now that I can go back and fix things I'm planning on denying them all.

    Have a good weekend,
    jc
  • 11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
    Swish
    Well, I just added one, so I guess I'm cool.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davey.
    Maybe we could come up with a good picture for Dave Geezer and Sloshy and some of the others. Maybe we could come up with a better one for me! Any and all comments and suggestions welcome.

    I still don't like this new format, but I guess we're stuck with it. I haven't had time to play around with the features very much, probably because I'm stubborn and don't want to give in to this new crap.

    Anyway, have a nice weekend.


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

    Women are like pianos. When they're not upright, they're grand!
  • 11-21-2003, 06:50 PM
    Davey.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish
    I still don't like this new format, but I guess we're stuck with it. I haven't had time to play around with the features very much, probably because I'm stubborn and don't want to give in to this new crap.

    Anyway, have a nice weekend.

    Hey, thanks for the weekend wishes buddy, nice avatar except I think you should have used one of your Ziggy Stardust rock star poses. But guitars are cool too :)

    I'm gonna come up with a cool one myself one of these days, but for now this Dismemberment Plan 3-panel avatar is feeling kinda cool. And yeah, this software sucks a little. But yeah, it doesn't bother me that much either. Because yeah, I like threaded views with fun subject lines. But yeah, I also like being able to edit my posts later after I realize what an idiot I was! And yeah, I like some of the gizmos.

    Take care yourself and have a fun weekend! The new Shins CD is the bestest! So is Laika!

    :D