Just like a woman...

Printable View

• 10-25-2008, 04:53 PM
    Snowbunny
    Just like a woman...
    Hi All,

Who'd a thunk Bob Dylan would be playing in a 5,000 seat venue on a warm, Saturday night in October in my hometown?

I'm warming up with Blonde on Blonde before a short walk to the concert. I'm hoping to hear some golden oldies tonight, but I imagine he will play something new. Anyone been to seem him this tour?

Anyway, it all makes me miss you rave recs who turned me on to the "good stuff" and especially my friend Davey, who introduced me to Dylan for the first time.

Snowie
  • 10-25-2008, 05:40 PM
    Slosh
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hey stranger! (double entendre intended :D ) If it were me I'd be warming up with this:
  • 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM
    3-LockBox
    Whoa...how the hell are ya Snowy!
  • 10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
    Swish
    So the rumors of your...
    ...death have been greatly exaggerated? How the heck are you?

Swish
  • 10-27-2008, 07:15 AM
    Snowbunny
    Hi guys!

Nice to see the old gang is still here! Still not the smartest bunny in the herd, Pat... It'll take me a minute to figure out the double entendre.

Believe it or not, Swishy, the rumours are actually pretty accurate. But more on that later. :smile5:

3LXB = Todd, right? How you doing? :D

The Dylan concert was quite disappointing. The only really recognizable songs were Feels Like a Woman and All Around The Watchtower (which I mistakenly called a Hendrix cover) :o. Dylan's energy level was pretty low, he sat at the piano wearing a hat that shaded his face and didn't once speak to the fans. When they played Feels Like a Woman, it was almost unrecognizable with all the band's doodling around with individual solos and Dylan's awkward phrasing. It would have been nice to hear a little acoustic guitar, but the concert was more about the back-up band, and that would have been okay, but the band was not particularly tight. My fellow concert goer enjoyed it more than I, but for me it was just a :Yawn:

All in all, for $70, not a great concert, but now I can say I saw Dylan live. :lol:

Big kisses to all! Glad you're still here.

Snowie
  • 10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Hey Snowie,
    Nice to see you around these parts again. Thanks for the concert review. He's playing a small arena here too. We saw Blue Rodeo there on Friday night and it turns out to be a pretty nice little venue with good sound for a hockey arena.

After seeing what a nice venue it was, I was debating on trying to get tickets for Dylan, not because I'm a fan, but just because I've never seen him live. But after your comments I don't think I'll bother. Thanks for saving me some cash. :)

I hope you're doing well. What are you listening to these days?
  • 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
    Ex Lion Tamer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Hi All,

Who'd a thunk Bob Dylan would be playing in a 5,000 seat venue on a warm, Saturday night in October in my hometown?

I'm warming up with Blonde on Blonde before a short walk to the concert. I'm hoping to hear some golden oldies tonight, but I imagine he will play something new. Anyone been to seem him this tour?

Anyway, it all makes me miss you rave recs who turned me on to the "good stuff" and especially my friend Davey, who introduced me to Dylan for the first time.

Snowie

Hiya Snowie - How's it going? :D
  • 10-27-2008, 10:32 AM
    Swish
    That's one thing I can't claim (sigh).
    Quote:

All in all, for $70, not a great concert, but now I can say I saw Dylan live

I'm going to do my darnedest to see him if he ever rolls anywhere close to my town in the future. I've seen so many great ones over the years, and he's probably the biggest name left on my 'must see before I die' list, or maybe I should make it the 'must see before I die or he dies' list lol! He is a bit older than me, although I think he's in excellent health and should be around for quite some time, knock on wood.

Swish
  • 10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
    Swish
    I think I got Slosh's little joke...
    Quote:

Nice to see the old gang is still here! Still not the smartest bunny in the herd, Pat... It'll take me a minute to figure out the double entendre.

...and I do mean little. :D Stranger, meaning you haven't been around in a long time, and the other inference, meaning you're stranger than him.

Swish -stranger than both of you
  • 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
    Stone
    I like pie.
  • 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
    Davey
    Quote:

...and especially my friend Davey, who introduced me to Dylan for the first time.

But it ain't me, babe, no, no, no, it ain't me, babe, it ain't me you're lookin' for, babe. Have any of you guys met a woman who actually liked being called babe? Hehehe, wow, the girl from the north country! Please see for me if her hair hangs long, that's the way I remember her best. I heard you married again and moved to Manitoba. Or was it Caribou? Oh wait, no, that was after he did up in flames and changed his name, nevermind. How could I have introduced you to Dylan? Everybody knows Dylan. Didn't we all grow up singing (kinda badly, but kinda nasally like Dylan), "Ain't it hard when you discover that, he really wasn't where it's at, after he took from you everything he could steal", and so many others? Man, it would be nice if there was some kind of edit feature on memories, huh? Those times driving around, probably half wasted, Dylan's Greatest Hits Volume 1 in the 8-track, fortunately playing loud enough to drown out our voices, "When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose, you're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal....How does it feel, to be on your own, with no direction home ..."

Anyway, very nice to see you around Suzie-Q. Been listening to a lot of Richard Buckner lately, like always. Sounds silly even to me, but the 6-CD changer in my car is half Buckner right now, the amazing trilogy of Bloomed, Devotion + Doubt and Since. Sick, I know. Let me see if I can remember the other 3 .... there is the new one by Wovenhand, Ten Stones. Rook by Shearwater. And Electr-o-pura by some other old favorite. Kinda predictable, now that I list them. Hmmm, maybe I should start one of those suggestions threads, you know, like, "Help me find something completely off the wall, missed by most, completely underrated and underappreciated, but totally awesome albums to listen to", type of posts. You got one handy? We always did feel the same, we just saw it from a different point of view.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/party.gif
  • 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
    Hyfi
    I'll see your geezer and raise you one
    Glad you enjoyed the show. Are the rumors true that he bit his tongue in half during a motorcycle accident and that's why he sings so bad?

I just got tickets for the local Winterfestival concert for John Sebastian. Man, he's been around for a while and wrote so many songs. Better done by others most times. Venue is a high school auditorium seating a whopping 600 or so. I sure hope he doesn't do the theme from Welcome Back Kotter.

My favorite cover of a John Sebastian song is Darling Be Home Soon by Slade from Alive.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxFFBIKAi1A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxFFBIKAi1A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
    bobsticks
    Did someone say...pie???