Suspended

Suggestions, thinking about getting some Primus

I play bass guitar, to some extent and have been told Claypool is great. I have been thinking about picking up an album. Any recommendations on which is best or to start with. I have to admit what little I have heard the singer's voice seems like it may take some getting used to.

I like a variety of music but a few things that may be similar that I listen to is Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, Rob Zombie. Then I also like bands like Tool, Creed, Disturbed or POD. I am a big fan of funk. So is Primus for me?

Primus SUCKS!!

You play bass, like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and funk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    So is Primus for me?
    Not yes, but hell yes!

How 'bout I make you a comp, and you decide for yourself which disc(s) to get, if any? As a bass player, you really should hear Primus.

PM me if interested.

fp

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Not a diehard Primus fan, but I've checked them out and it was worth it. "Frizzle Fry" was their first studio album and the first one I bought (on cassette many years ago which is worn out now). I loved Groundhog's Day and Harold of the Rocks. I think John the Fisherman was pretty good too. I saw them live on a Lalapalooza tour in New Orleans and Claypool is very entertaining in a quirky way. His bow-legged stance when playing is hilarious.

My son's high school drumline plays Jerry was a Racecar Driver (from Sailing the Seas of Cheese) as a cadence. It's their favorite.

I bought Tales from the Punch Bowl because it was on vinyl and listen to it occasionally. Take Finch up on his comp offer and check them out.

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar

Post Other albums

For virtuoso bass playing, you should look into Jaco Pastorius' first solo album. It's one of the last great jazz/fusion albums released. It also stars Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter on keys and sax, respectively.

Also consider A Show Of Hands by Victor Wooten from Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. Excellent solo bass clinic.
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Thread Information