Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I've noticed boards that reveal personal info about members are busier, so....

for the best interests of this board, I will commence revealing interesting(?) personal tidbits about RaveRec board regulars I have known and (virturally) loved. Y'all better check in often, cause I got a lot to tell!

Snowbuns

NP: Davey's excellent Califone comp - Bottles and Bones (Shade and Sympathy) at the moment.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Is that a threat?

Just remember, what goes around comes around. BWAAHAAAHAAA

Trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    for the best interests of this board, I will commence revealing interesting(?) personal tidbits about RaveRec board regulars I have known and (virturally) loved. Y'all better check in often, cause I got a lot to tell!

Snowbuns

You're just trying to get your number of postings up so you can catch up to FA.

(That's what I'm doing, and I'm not ashamed of it. Unfortunately, her proclivity to always have the last word will prevent me from catching up. Does that count as an interesting personal tidbit - which I think is like a Timbit only with less calories.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
    ...for the best interests of this board, I will commence revealing interesting(?) personal tidbits about RaveRec board regulars I have known and (virturally) loved.
    Hey, no fair, you wouldn't dare! I explained already that it was really, really cold out when that picture was taken! Guess that's the chance you take when you open up and expose yourself to someone online ...

Let the beer drinking and revealing and partying begin! I know a secret about one or two of you myself

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    You're just trying to get your number of postings up so you can catch up to FA.
    It's quality that counts, not quantity Barry. For a perfect example, look no further than that big number beneath my cute little avatar! And this is one more silly little notch in my top poster at Rave Recs post.

( Does that count as an interesting personal tidbit - which I think is like a Timbit only with less calories.)
    Heheheh!

Oh, and my girl FA, shared a little story about someone at an April Wine concert back in the glittery 70's!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Let the beer drinking and revealing and partying begin! I know a secret about one or two of you myself
    Uh oh... I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my unique Canadian way of saying "Nice to meet you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hey, no fair, you wouldn't dare! I explained already that it was really, really cold out when that picture was taken! Guess that's the chance you take when you open up and expose yourself to someone online ...
    Significant huh?
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Jar collects porcelain CLOWNS!

The scary serial killer kind.

The scary serial killer kind.
    that's some pretty good memory you got there, but not good enough, that's my dad who collects those. so far I just collect those damn silver discs with the pits and the not-pits, pls a few mason jars..

If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    Significant huh?

42 Regular
    Hmmm...Personal secrets and tawdry tidbits? Concerning private matters and body parts?
    You've officially piqued my interest!

So, raise your hand if you still have a gall bladder...
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

My favorite cheap beer is Old Style.

And, one of my favorite local bars, where you can catch some really good rockabilly/americana type bands along with the occasional garage/punk group sells cans of Old Style for a buck.

Yeah...I like the good stuff too...but when I'm gonna settle in for some serious drinking and don't have the wallet for a dozen imports or whatever, I'm nowhere near proud enough to forego a good drunken time by refusing to drink cheap beer.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody

And, one of my favorite local bars, where you can catch some really good rockabilly/americana type bands along with the occasional garage/punk group sells cans of Old Style for a buck.

Yeah...I like the good stuff too...but when I'm gonna settle in for some serious drinking and don't have the wallet for a dozen imports or whatever, I'm nowhere near proud enough to forego a good drunken time by refusing to drink cheap beer.

In '86-'87, I was working somewhere between Chattanooga and Knoxville, travelling home to FL on the week-ends. The first trip out of the Chattanooga airport, I went into the bar and asked for some sort of beer- the response was that the only kind of beer they served was Old Style on tap. I bought one. For the next year, on a weekly basis, I drank hard liquor at the bar in the Chattanooga airport.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

You know what?

Boards that let you post about stuff other than music without sending your post somewhere else are healthier.

Case in point- on another board I frequent, I posted something Non-Music Related. I post it, then refresh. 4 views. Refresh again and it has 7 views.

That's why this board sucks. I like a lot of the people here, but if you post something NMR, you get penalized and/or moved. That sucks.

Oh, yeah- this place takes a long time to load, too.

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Boards that let you post about stuff other than music without sending your post somewhere else are healthier.

Case in point- on another board I frequent, I posted something Non-Music Related. I post it, then refresh. 4 views. Refresh again and it has 7 views.

That's why this board sucks. I like a lot of the people here, but if you post something NMR, you get penalized and/or moved. That sucks.

fp
    Read yr sig and take it to heart.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Read yr sig and take it to heart.
    Thanks for the tip.

Re:Cheap Beer

This story reminds of some times I had in the mid 1980's . Was working at Chrysler HQ which was in the middle of the city of Detroit (acually a suburb Highland Park, and across the xpressway was another island town called Hamtramck- Old Polish neighborhood- a community where drinking establishments were at every corner and even mid block with in the neighborhoods.
    On the north side was a bar across a communtity hopsipal called Dr Dave's Waiting Lounge and for Happy Hour 3-7pm they sold Altas and Strohs' runoff Gobel 3 bottles for a buck!! that's right 3 12 oz bottles for $1 . Half the town would be there during that tome ,incluing plenty of factory folks, Dr's,nurses & medical staff sucking down cheap swill for a few bucks every nite. Wall to wall people . especialy fun during those long hot, humid sticky summer Detroit daze!!! Ahhh the smell of cheap racid swill just tickling my nose hairs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nobody

So, now we're playing true confessions? Ya wanted to come clean before Snowy had a chance to spill the beans on you...is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    So, now we're playing true confessions? Ya wanted to come clean before Snowy had a chance to spill the beans on you...is that it?

ain't no shame in my game sista...

although after last night...maybe there should be...

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Hey Finch, WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

fp
    Nobody's been messing with RR in months. What's this "penalized" BS about?
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

I'd like to hear that...

Heheheh!

Oh, and my girl FA, shared a little story about someone at an April Wine concert back in the glittery 70's!
    'Cause if it was me, I can't remember that far back. I might have seen them once if they openned for The Guess Who or something at the CNE. But I have no independent recollection. (Another personal tidbit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
    Uh oh... I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my unique Canadian way of saying "Nice to meet you!"
    And I thought maybe all you Canadian girls were just really, really, and I mean really friendly? No? Next thing you'll be telling me is that the strip search was bogus too? Just call me Dupey

Everyone's cowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Nobody's been messing with RR in months. What's this "penalized" BS about?
    They're afraid to post about anything NMR (not music-related) for fear they'll be admonished. That's the impression I get, anyhoo. I've been wrong before.

Will turning off avatars make the pages load any faster?

fp

'Cause if it was me, I can't remember that far back. I might have seen them once if they openned for The Guess Who or something at the CNE. But I have no independent recollection. (Another personal tidbit.)
    Oh c'mon. There's no shame in admitting that your nickname, back in the 70's, was Barry Glitter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information