Wink I've got a woody!

A friend of mine found this for me yesterday for all of $7.00

I have it in my garage now paired up with some equally vintage $5.00 Baby Advents. This systems sounds really good for a mere $12.00! If it's pushed too hard the bass distorts but at moderately loud levels it's fine (and more than loud enough for a garage).

From a bit of googling I've found Superscope was Marantz's budget line of receivers in the early to mid '70s. Superscope also sold Sony reel-to-reel and cassette decks in the USA under the Superscope name until 1977, but the amps and receivers were designed by Marantz (even says "Designed by Marantz USA" on the back panel).

This one is a low wattage quadrophonic model. There's a back panel switch that lets you use the surround amps as conventional "B" speaker outputs as well. Also has a switch for MM or MC turntables, though I have no plans for playing vinyl in my garage!

Other than a burned out radio dial backlight bulb, it functions perfectly with no scratchiness from any of the controls. That pink backlighting is pretty funky. Maybe one day I'll try to get another bulb.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Not sure how the bulb on that piece is put in (some are hard-wired, some look like fuses, etc.), but they're all still pretty much available.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I will surely be the first of my friends to like this. Well done, can't beat that price.

Thread Information