Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular

Talking I can vouch for it, if that's worth anything - probably not

All thanks to JC though. I haven't listed my top 10 listens but if I did it would be up there, maybe even top 5.

Good solid album, a sort of New Order for the millenium.

Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    I had a couple other things in mind but I found out that I'm pretty inept at shrinking larger images (or portions of them) down to 80 x 80.
    It's really pretty easy to grab parts of images and do little things like resizing once you get the hang of it. Jim posted it before, but there is a great little piece of editing software available as freeware at http://www.irfanview.com/ that makes it all very easy. I'll show a couple screen shots below of the Blur cover edit (taken using the great little freeware screen capture program available from http://www.gadwin.com/ which lets you select and save what you want to capture, as opposed to just capturing the whole screen to the clipboard using the [prt sc] button). The first is just copying the cover image of the Best of Blur from amazon.uk to the clipboard and then pasting it into IrfanView. The second shows after cutting out just the part I wanted, clearing the IrfanView display and then pasting in that cut part and then opening the resizing option to reduce it to 80 pixels to use for my avatar here. Pretty simple, eh? Easier to do than explain

NP: Ugly Casanova's Cat Faces from that very cool Comp For Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    It's really pretty easy to grab parts of images and do little things like resizing once you get the hang of it. Jim posted it before, but there is a great little piece of editing software available as freeware at http://www.irfanview.com/ that makes it all very easy.
    Yeah, here's the stupid thing. I have Irfanview downloaded and I forgot I even had it. I'll have to try that.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Yeah, here's the stupid thing. I have Irfanview downloaded and I forgot I even had it. I'll have to try that.
    Well, if you are running Windows you can do the exact same thing in Paint. IrfanView just has a little better designed user interface and has more options for screwing around with the file. And in Paint you have to specify the resizing in a percentage of the original size so you would need to use the calculator to convert to pixels unless you're good with mental math. But in the Blur example, the part I cut out was 147x147 pixels so if you wanted to resize it in Paint to 80x80 pixels you would input 54% in the horizontal/vertical stretch boxes in the Stretch/Skew window. Then save it as a gif file, same as in IrfanView.

That Blur guy does bear some resemblance. Interesting choice.
    Hehehe, more in attitude than looks, I think. Although, maybe if I was rendered as a cartoon......

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hehehe, more in attitude than looks, I think. Although, maybe if I was rendered as a cartoon......
    And with only nostrils (I.E. no nose).
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    1) Shadowland - Through the Looking Glass - more "neo prog" crap that I eat up.

2) Galahad - Year Zero - see above

3) Yes - The Ladder - I think this is an excellent Yes album, it was well recorded and is overall most excellent. At least to me.

4) Fish - Pigpens Birthday - some live Fish, 2 cd's, pretty good, about 1/2 Fish and 1/2 Marillion.

5) Sparks - Balls - different, almost disco sounding stuff. Pretty foo-foo, but hey, that's SPARKS.

6) Tull - Stormwatch rematser

7) Tull - Roots to Branches - what a killer album, wish they had a dvd of a gig from this era.

8) Marley - Survival - great rasta music

9) The Stranglers - their new one - was supposed to be great but it's pretty weak, I'm way disappointed in it.

10) UFO - You are Hear - typical UFO stuff, pretty good.

11) UFO - Force It - pretty good old school UFO music

Regards,

Dave

Jeese, is this all you do? Don't you have a life or something? wow! You have no clue what your doing, do you? This stuff is horrible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information