Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Paul Anka's silly covers CD -- Richard Cheese did it first and better, albeit not better better, which is better. (No, that's not a question.)

Arena, Pepper's Ghost -- not bad on first listen

Leaves' Eyes, Elegy -- in the Lacuna Coil/Nightwish camp, with perhaps a pinch of latterday Amorphis, enjoyably so

v/a, Dancing with the Ferret -- label comp, great stuff

On my wish list (heard in the listening station): new Project Pitchfork and Melotron! Dagnabit.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

yeah, Cerulean has really passed the test of time...

I have 3 OB albums, but that one gets played far more frequently than the others. I still don't have Davey Jones Locker, it was on my wishlist for ages, but it eventually slipped off and drifted to the bottom of the ocean . Thanks for the reminder, I think l'll put it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    I love this album. I recently found an unopened copy of Davy Jones' Locker in a used bin, and picked it up. It's surprisingly good, but the first two albums still stand head and shoulders above the rest as far as I'm concerned.

A couple of the guys in Ocean Blue used to live near me.

Quote Originally Posted by newtrix1
    I have 3 OB albums, but that one gets played far more frequently than the others. I still don't have Davey Jones Locker, it was on my wishlist for ages, but it eventually slipped off and drifted to the bottom of the ocean . Thanks for the reminder, I think l'll put it back on.
    Their hometown is less than 20 minutes from where I now live, but a couple of them lived in a bohemian sort of place in the hills in the southern part of my county. One of my good friends used to chat with them now and again since they were only a couple houses apart. I guess that's not much of a story or a "brush with fame", is it?

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Cool Florida Suncoast....

Hi, folks.

Today, Friday, I thought I'd take a little respite from the sun and venture into the local library here, on Anna-Maria Island, on the suncoast.

My family and I are having an absolute ball. Seafood most nights, beach and pool every day, and plenty of cold beer. Life is good. In fact, this stretch of beaches along Longboat Key, Lido Key, and Anna-Maria Island bodes well for contemplating what to do and where to possibly live (part-time), during retirement. We love these little islands off of Florida's Gulf. I know, I know,.........retirement is a long way off, but... might as well be prepared!!

Other highlights: Offshore Boat Races (the NASCAR of boating), July 4th fireworks in Sarasota Bay, July 4th parade, Cigars from Bennington's on St. Armand's Circle, Shamu at Seaworld, and sunsets.

Other other musical hightlights: took two discs to the pool today that I haven't listened to for a while.....

Modest Mouse's "Good news for People who like Bad news" -- a thoroughly uplifting set of songs that age well. What a great band!!

Nick Cave's "Boatman's Call" -- the polar opposite of the above-mentioned CD... but what a gem of a downer and what a great voice!!

Also, I've been catching-up on movies: Ong-Bak (best martial arts film I've seen since Bruce Lee's work), War of the Worlds, Be Cool (sad excuse of a film), Frequency (what a great story -- a must see).

Got to go.

Just thought I'd drop everyone a line to let u know I'm still alive,

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information