Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    Isn't She Pretty in Pink?

    Caught the Furs and Tom Tom Club at the Chameleon Saturday night and we had a blast. The T.T. Club was a bit boring and played a little too long, but it was great seeing Tina Weymouth in her teal lamé cocktail dress, playing bass as good as ever at 61 years of age.

    The Furs still got it and played some great stuff. This isn't my favorite song of theirs...far from it...but it's the only one I was able to find on video from the show.


    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  2. #2
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11
    Tina Weymouth is amazing there)))
    And I like that song

  3. #3
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    She can still play...

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceWool View Post
    Tina Weymouth is amazing there)))
    And I like that song
    ...and hello there, Alice Wool. Welcome aboard.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  4. #4
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Furs rule. After your first post where you mentioned you had purchased tickets I checked to see if they were coming by KC. 'course not : (

    You probably already have them, but Richard Butler's Love Spit Love records are worth owning too.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  5. #5
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    I liked the debut better than the second...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    Furs rule. After your first post where you mentioned you had purchased tickets I checked to see if they were coming by KC. 'course not : (

    You probably already have them, but Richard Butler's Love Spit Love records are worth owning too.

    jc
    ...but both were pretty decent and, as you said, worth owning.

    I did see Wilco is heading to K.C. if you're interested. The first show with the original lineup was really awesome, but with Nels Cline on guitar, the new lineup is more awesome. I'll be seeing them Sunday night with Nick Lowe as the opener. Life is good.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  6. #6
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    ...but both were pretty decent and, as you said, worth owning.

    I did see Wilco is heading to K.C. if you're interested. The first show with the original lineup was really awesome, but with Nels Cline on guitar, the new lineup is more awesome. I'll be seeing them Sunday night with Nick Lowe as the opener. Life is good.
    I dunno, never really got into Wilco for some reason. Last show I caught was Bon Iver at the Uptown on the 9'th. I should get out more, like a wise man once said "Get off yer ass and go see somebody!" --Rae

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  7. #7
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959
    The Psychedelic Furs IMO was very under rated group as they were one of better prog. rock band of the eighties. And their album Mirror Moves was their best


  8. #8
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    356
    Furs bring back some awesome memories for me, I actually bought their first album because it looked dark, gloomy and different. I was at the wherehouse and saw, never heard any songs by them, I was more adventuress back then I guess. Well I fell in love with that album and saw them play at the Whiskey or Roxy up in Hollywood during their very first US Tour. A year or so later when they were touring to support Talk, Talk, Talk, they played at the local Six Flags Amusement Park and we went and saw them play two shows there, believe it or not I still have a Furs shirt I bought there!

  9. #9
    Forum Regular MindGoneHaywire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    The Psychedelic Furs IMO was very under rated group as they were one of better prog. rock band of the eighties. And their album Mirror Moves was their best


    I haven't listened to Mirror Moves in probably 25 years, but given that assessment, I'm going to have to go back & give it another spin.

    I don't like others.

  10. #10
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    356
    Sister and Imitation of Christ still send shivers up my spine...!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •