Suspended

Interesting Fusion band - Fusionhouse

While looking over the concert listings on our local Alternative stations website I came across this band who's name intrigued me.

füsionhouse is the band and there are several songs you can listen to here:
    http://www.fusionhouseband.com/toons.html

Surely this will be a wasted post as I am almost the only one here that listens to fusion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Surely this will be a wasted post as I am almost the only one here that listens to fusion anyway.
    Ha! No chance there, and stop calling me Shirley.

fp

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Ha! No chance there, and stop calling me Shirley.

fp
    I knew you would show up my only other fusion minded friend!

Hold on a second.

I knew you would show up my only other fusion minded friend!
    I won't claim to be a current fusion fan, but I liked me some Miles Davis back in the day, and Heavy Weather was one of my favorite records and is still a cherished part of my collection. And Return to Forever? Mahavishnu Orchestra? Great stuff. I just don't listen to it like I used to, and I guess it's just that it hit a ceiling, at least in my mind. It seemed to me that there was nobody taking it any higher or it had reached its apex. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't hear anything new for so long that I just tired of the genre. I just listened to the first two songs on that site and they confirm my statements. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't at all fresh or done all that well. Good musicians, but they would pale in comparison to some of the aforementioned.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I'm here huckleberry...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Wha?? I listen to it.

Just last night I listened to Mahavishna's The Lost Trident Sessions at the gym.

Some recent fusion purchases I've been really diggin ..

Carl Hupp Project 'Hyper Statue' - some horns, some funkyness, good compositions.
    Fonderia 're enter' - from italy.
    Electric Outlet 'on'
    Hiromi's Sonicbloom 'time control' - Japanese chick that channels Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock.
    Uncle Moe's Space Ranch -dual guitar
    and a bunch of others I'm being forgetful about.
    Last edited by richmon; 11-25-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I won't claim to be a current fusion fan, but I liked me some Miles Davis back in the day, and Heavy Weather was one of my favorite records and is still a cherished part of my collection. And Return to Forever? Mahavishnu Orchestra? Great stuff. I just don't listen to it like I used to, and I guess it's just that it hit a ceiling, at least in my mind. It seemed to me that there was nobody taking it any higher or it had reached its apex. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't hear anything new for so long that I just tired of the genre. I just listened to the first two songs on that site and they confirm my statements. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't at all fresh or done all that well. Good musicians, but they would pale in comparison to some of the aforementioned.
    Funny, that is how I feel about most of today's music. I would still prefer to listen to any Return to Forever or Mahavishnu than any of the tracks on that Anti Sampler. I find most of that very lame and already done to death. Maybe virtuoso talent has hit the ceiling so instead of pushing it further, bands have gone back to safety and minimalism and for the most part all sounding the same. Not too many vocals equaling the likes of a Phil Collins from And Then There Were Three. Where is the passion and feeling?

So I would much prefer to listen to music than songs.

I actually prefer songs, and I have to disagree for the most..

Funny, that is how I feel about most of today's music. I would still prefer to listen to any Return to Forever or Mahavishnu than any of the tracks on that Anti Sampler. I find most of that very lame and already done to death. Maybe virtuoso talent has hit the ceiling so instead of pushing it further, bands have gone back to safety and minimalism and for the most part all sounding the same. Not too many vocals equaling the likes of a Phil Collins from And Then There Were Three. Where is the passion and feeling?

So I would much prefer to listen to music than songs.
    ...part. While it's true there are too many bands that jump on a genre bandwagon, there are always a few standouts that have their own style that may contain some subtle influences, but nothing so pronounced that they sound similar. Take Pinback for instance. When I hear one of their tunes, I know it's them, as they have an unmistakable style that is all their own. If they sound like someone else, I've never heard them. I'm kind of busy with work at the moment so I'm not going to take the time to list a bunch of others, but I'm sure there are quite a few I could name.

It's virtually impossible to come up with music that sounds like nothing before it, but I do think there are bands alive and kicking who are pushing the envelope.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

One of my favorite fusion bands.

Tribal Tech.

fp

Edit: Lol- I like the way the drummer puts the sticks in his meaty armpits. :^O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdl1...eature=related

I like the Tribal Tech and still pull out that compy regularly. Quite often I'll listen to that and Weather Report and maybe a little Stanley on Sundays. A little jazz brunch, if you will.

I got the Filipak in the moon buggy right now. Good stuff.

It's all about the music. Doc Sage's Avatar

Fusion is still alive? No way.

OK!!! You got me digging out my Weather Report. Black Market for this old guy.

Hey!!! What was the name of that fusion band that included Phil Collin?

With all these band playing uptempo jazz like Soulive and the likes, I would have believed that proper fusion would be a thing of the past. Oh well. What do I know?

Locally we have a group that does a Jaco Pastorius thing once a while at our local jazz outlet plus a month ago another group did an evening of Hendrix as played by Gil Evans.

Doc Sage

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sage

Hey!!! What was the name of that fusion band that included Phil Collin?

Doc Sage
    Brand X, one awesome combination and Collins at some of his best drumming.

Yeah, bay-bay....

Thread Information