Rae

Harry Belafonte Live At Carnegie Hall

(Diggin' through the crates...)

Wow! This is very good! I had no idea he did a version "Cucurrucucu Paloma"; I've been digging on Caetano Veloso's for a long time.

Anybody else hip to the sounds of the King of Calypso?

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    (Diggin' through the crates...)

Wow! This is very good! I had no idea he did a version "Cucurrucucu Paloma"; I've been digging on Caetano Veloso's for a long time.

Anybody else hip to the sounds of the King of Calypso?

~Rae
    I found a vinyl copy that looked to be in pretty darn good shape for a buck. Sadly, side one has some issues but the remaining three are near mint. I've heard from many across a lot of boards that the recording quality of this piece is tremendous. I've got to admit that they are absolutely correct.

I'm not exactly the biggest Harry Belefonte fan but it's more of a political/personal objection. His crooning is first rate, there's no denying that. Anyone with a tt and a love of music would be wise to keep their eyes open in the charity stores. This would be a gem of a find. It's actually worth some money of course but there's nothing like getting a good copy on the cheap. I'm still looking for an upgrade.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Anyone with a tt and a love of music would be wise to keep their eyes open in the charity stores. This would be a gem of a find. It's actually worth some money of course but there's nothing like getting a good copy on the cheap. I'm still looking for an upgrade.
    Yep, got mine on the cheap for about $4 but I think it goes for $30 or so if you buy it through knowledgeable channels.

~Rae

Mutant from table 9
    My favorite local wax shop has crates and crates of unsorted uninspected 45s. They are 8 for $1 if you buy more than $4 worth. The idea being that there are some real gems for those willing to look.

I got a pristine original copy of Calypso, not the LP, but the split 45 for 12.5 cents.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

I've got a pristine mono version of it that I picked up a couple years ago for, I think, $12- money well spent. Love it.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Thread Information