• 12-30-2004, 04:56 PM
    Swish
    "I'm put together so beautifully..
    big wet bottle in my fist, big red rose in my teeth. I'm a perfect piece of ass, like every Californian".

Yes, [I]All the Wine[/I may be my favorite song of the year, but I would have to say my favorite cd would have to be the same one that a bunch of you will also be choosing as your #1, and I'm talking about the one by absiv and company.

So when are you guys going to list your top 10 of 2004? Inquiring minds want to know!

Swish

• 12-30-2004, 05:58 PM
    Davey
    I'm put together beautifully
    Big wet bottle in my fist
    Big wet rose in my teeth

I'm a perfect piece of ass
    Like every Californian
    So tall I take over the street

With high beams shining up my back
    A wingspan unbelievable
    I'm a festival
    I'm a parade

And all the wine is all for me
    And all the wine is all for me......

Yeah, guess I kind of love that song. Wish the lyrics were posted online. Love the second section with the lines, "I'm so sorry but the motorcade'll have to go around me this time, cause God is on my side, and I'm the child bride", and then ending with "I'm in a state, I'm in a state, nothing can touch us my love". And the part about being a "birthday candle in a circle of black girls". Hehehe, what a song. And all the wine is all for me....

Yeah, that Pinback album is pretty cool. I don't think it even make the top 50 of the year at Pitchfork, but I love it. I've posted my list at various times and places, but it's a little slippery. Plus I only recently got those Autolux and Augie March albums and they've both turned into big favorites. I did turn in a top 20 in the shmoo poll over at obner (http://obner.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=30608#30608), even though I don't really have enough 2004 albums to do a meaningful top 20, but it needs some adjustments. Oh well, I'm way ahead of most of you ;)
  • 12-30-2004, 07:41 PM
    tentoze
    "Oh well, I'm way ahead of most of you"

My top 25 hit the light of day on 12/4.............

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthr...554#post247554
  • 12-31-2004, 08:22 AM
    Swish
    Do you have Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
    I'm put together beautifully
    Big wet bottle in my fist
    Big wet rose in my teeth

I'm a perfect piece of ass
    Like every Californian
    So tall I take over the street

With high beams shining up my back
    A wingspan unbelievable
    I'm a festival
    I'm a parade

And all the wine is all for me......

Yeah, guess I kind of love that song. Wish the lyrics were posted online. Love the second section with the lines, "I'm so sorry but the motorcade'll have to go around me this time, cause God is on my side, and I'm the child bride", and then ending with "I'm in a state, I'm in a state, nothing can touch us my love". And the part about being a "birthday candle in a circle of black girls". Hehehe, what a song. And all the wine is all for me....

Yeah, that Pinback album is pretty cool. I don't think it even make the top 50 of the year at Pitchfork, but I love it. I've posted my list at various times and places, but it's a little slippery. Plus I only recently got those Autolux and Augie March albums and they've both turned into big favorites. I did turn in a top 20 in the shmoo poll over at obner (http://obner.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=30608#30608), even though I don't really have enough 2004 albums to do a meaningful top 20, but it needs some adjustments. Oh well, I'm way ahead of most of you ;)

The reviews I've read are all pretty much raves, so I guess I oughta buy it, eh?

So Pinback wasn't high on the list for Pitchfork? I really don't care much about that. The only time I check them is when someone mentions a cd I've never heard about, and even then I don't weigh too heavily on their review. In actuality, I trust the opinions of some of the regulars on this board more than anyone else since most of you know my tastes and all. I haven't made too many bad buys in the past..ok, maybe a few that were recommended by you guys, but on the other hand, many of my all-time favorites of recent years have been purchased because of recommendations I read on this board.

Swishster
  • 01-01-2005, 11:49 AM
    Davey
    No, I don't have Sad Songs but I want it. Most say it's very good and I have heard a few songs now and like them all. Hey, for those with a fast connection and a hankering to watch The National go through a live version of "All The Wine", there is one available at the label site along with a bunch of other stuff. I haven't actually watched it because it's about 13 M.

http://www.brassland.org/index_media.html
  • 01-02-2005, 05:25 AM
    Swish
    Where did you find that video, Davey???
    Quote:

No, I don't have Sad Songs but I want it. Most say it's very good and I have heard a few songs now and like them all. Hey, for those with a fast connection and a hankering to watch The National go through a live version of "All The Wine", there is one available at the label site along with a bunch of other stuff. I haven't actually watched it because it's about 13 M.

http://www.brassland.org/index_media.html

I played around on the site for a long time but only came up with an MP3 of Waspnest and some jpgs. If you have the link, please share it as I'd really like to see that!

As for Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers, I just ordered it from deepdiscountcd, so I should have in about 2 or 3 months if I'm lucky.
    :D

Swish
  • 01-02-2005, 06:58 AM
    Slosh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tentoze
    "Oh well, I'm way ahead of most of you"

My top 25 hit the light of day on 12/4.............

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthr...554#post247554

What's so great about that place? Seemed no different than here to me except with even less traffic.

Obner sucks too unless you're into reading meaningless lists with no substance.
  • 01-02-2005, 08:33 AM
    Davey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish
    I played around on the site for a long time but only came up with an MP3 of Waspnest and some jpgs. If you have the link, please share it as I'd really like to see that!

Huh? Oh, well there's a scroll bar that lets you go through the whole list. Are you new to these internet website gadget thingies? Frames and stuff? Maybe you could get one of your kids to help you figure it out ;)

Or just mutter something obscene and click on this link to go directly to GO: http://www.brassland.org/video/all_the_wine.mpg
  • 01-02-2005, 10:42 AM
    Swish
    Doh! It was right in front of my face...
    Quote:

Huh? Oh, well there's a scroll bar that lets you go through the whole list. Are you new to these internet website gadget thingies? Frames and stuff? Maybe you could get one of your kids to help you figure it out ;)

Or just mutter something obscene and click on this link to go directly to GO: http://www.brassland.org/video/all_the_wine.mpg

so that's proibably why I didn't find it. :o Actually, I thought that everything about The National was at the top and clicked on the Cherry Tree cover figuring it would be there, and, oh, never mind (deep sigh).

Well, that is one nasty video clip, I have to tell ya. There's no way anyone would associate that tune with the track on Cherry Tree. About the only thing similar is the name and the chorus "And all the wine is all for me", and it's not very pleasant either. Otherwise, it's a different tune. But thanks for supplying the link just the same.

Technologically challenged Swish
  • 01-02-2005, 12:53 PM
    audiobill
    Just making some adjustments...
    Hey, Swish.

I'm just making some minor tweaks to my 2004 list. I, too, posted on the poll davey talks about & I'm already making some changes.

When you are all ready let me know, so that we can all post.

Cheers,
    Bill