Rave Rec fave heard on TV

Death Cab for Cutie - "A Lack of Color" heard on the ABC show "Brothers and Sisters"

..seems to be happening more and more, that I know the songs on tv soundtracks.

another trend in tv commecials.. 80's hits "redone" in folky style..

I heard Yaz "Only You" - I can't remember the product (great song!)

another one was Modern English "Melt With You" - also "folked up"

also heard.. accoustic guitar opening of the Femmes' "Blister in the Sun"

man, am I the friggin target demographic or what?

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    also heard.. acoustic guitar opening of the Femmes' "Blister in the Sun"
    I'm sure the Femmes are glad to hear this song being played by the organist at MSG during Rangers' games
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I'm sure the Femmes are glad to hear this song being played by the organist at MSG during Rangers' games
    Haha, yeah I chuckled when I heard that during the game. And the commercial that Jar heard Blister on was for Wendy's of all things, at least that's what they are using it for here in the GWN.

I saw a couple of movies too recently with some good music;

During Little Miss Sunshine I commented several times how much I liked the music, so I stuck artound for the credits half expecting that Calexico had done the music, found out it was a band called; Devotchka, so I'm on the lookout for a CD.

Also, Stranger than Fiction a weird but somewhat satisfying Will Farrell black comedy features a number of tracks from Spoon, from both Gimme Fiction and Kill the Moonlight including "The Way we Get By" during the opening sequence. Add in a few older classics from The Jam "That's Entertainment", and "The Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric (a favourite of mine) and you've got some great music to watch a decent movie by.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

just heard a clip of "Sea Song" by Doves on a PBS show about archeology.

heh.
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    Also, Stranger than Fiction a weird but somewhat satisfying Will Farrell black comedy features a number of tracks from Spoon, from both Gimme Fiction and Kill the Moonlight including "The Way we Get By" during the opening sequence. Add in a few older classics from The Jam "That's Entertainment", and "The Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric (a favourite of mine) and you've got some great music to watch a decent movie by.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21528

Mark, what's a good place to start with Wreckless Eric? That movie had me curious myself.

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    Mark, what's a good place to start with Wreckless Eric? That movie had me curious myself.

~Rae
    The only album I had, and I say had because I have since mislaid it many years ago, in one of my my many relocations, was; The Whole Wide World which I have since come to learn is a Stiff Records compilation of British-release singles. Mine was bought a long time ago on vinyl, of course, so I don't know if it was ever released on CD. I do know that I have never since been able to find a vinyl version in my searches.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    The only album I had, and I say had because I have since mislaid it many years ago, in one of my my many relocations, was; The Whole Wide World which I have since come to learn is a Stiff Records compilation of British-release singles. Mine was bought a long time ago on vinyl, of course, so I don't know if it was ever released on CD. I do know that I have never since been able to find a vinyl version in my searches.
    All right, I looked for it on GEMM and ended up impulse-buying it for $11 along with the Vibrators' Pure Mania ($9), The Hollies' greatest hits on LP ($7), and a 45 of "Walk Away Renee" by the Left Banke ($3). Damn this board. ;-)

It looks from Allmusic like there is a CD hits package called Greatest Stiffs...

~Rae

Thread Information