Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird

    Yeah yeah yeah.

    Bluebird (bluebird) ah ha.

    Good God, this is good. God.

    Name:  backinblack_case.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  32.6 KB

  2. #2
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    Have not had that one, but have had other Black IPAs I enjoyed.

  3. #3
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918
    As an IPA aficionado, I have to chastise you for drinking canned beer. Secondly, I'm not a big fan of black IPAs, but I did have one on cask that was among the best beer I've ever had; Thornbridge Raven Black IPA. The barkeep told me it was the most expensive beer they ever sold on cask, but at $7 per glass, I wasn't complaining. Heck, they charge $8 for a bottle of domestic swill at some of the hotels where I've stayed, especially in venues like Atlantic City or Vegas.

    As for canned beer, many of the craft brewers are putting product in cans. Before the Ryan Adams show in Philly, we stopped at a barbeque restaurant on South Street and all they had was canned beer, but the selection was incredible. I think they has somewhere around 50 different beers available, and some really good ones.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  4. #4
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630
    You really need to do some investigating. The reason (or one of them) they put beer in cans is because it tastes better. That's all I'm going to say, because it's easier for you to look it up than it is for me to type it.

    That's quite an uninformed response you've posted there. I'll refrain from calling you silly names.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    As an IPA aficionado, I have to chastise you for drinking canned beer. Secondly, I'm not a big fan of black IPAs, but I did have one on cask that was among the best beer I've ever had; Thornbridge Raven Black IPA. The barkeep told me it was the most expensive beer they ever sold on cask, but at $7 per glass, I wasn't complaining. Heck, they charge $8 for a bottle of domestic swill at some of the hotels where I've stayed, especially in venues like Atlantic City or Vegas.

    As for canned beer, many of the craft brewers are putting product in cans. Before the Ryan Adams show in Philly, we stopped at a barbeque restaurant on South Street and all they had was canned beer, but the selection was incredible. I think they has somewhere around 50 different beers available, and some really good ones.

  5. #5
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    You really need to do some investigating. The reason (or one of them) they put beer in cans is because it tastes better. That's all I'm going to say, because it's easier for you to look it up than it is for me to type it.

    That's quite an uninformed response you've posted there. I'll refrain from calling you silly names.
    I can;t say I know many people who would rather drink from a can than a bottle. That being said, cask beer is the ultimate; unfiltered, unpasteurized, and unpressurized. The best that can be had fo sho.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  6. #6
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    I can;t say I know many people who would rather drink from a can than a bottle. That being said, cask beer is the ultimate; unfiltered, unpasteurized, and unpressurized. The best that can be had fo sho.
    Who cares about how many people you know, bla bla bla. Just shows to go your friends are as uninformed as you. Sierra Nevada puts their beers in cans, and that's good enough for me.

    If you need me to send you a can to sample, just let me know.

  7. #7
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    Sly Fox and many more are going the way of the can.

    The Alchemist Heady Topper from Vermont is the only beer they do and in 4-packs of 16oz cans and if poured into a glass you would never know but from the can, it retains more of the hops as opposed to pouring and aerating it.

    Heady Topper will be available in the Philly area in March but I will be going to Stowe in March and getting it right from the brewery.

    If you like Green Flash Palette Wrecker, you will love Heady Topper.

  8. #8
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Who cares about how many people you know, bla bla bla. Just shows to go your friends are as uninformed as you. Sierra Nevada puts their beers in cans, and that's good enough for me.

    If you need me to send you a can to sample, just let me know.
    Sierra Nevada can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I couldn't care less about their 'survey', so bite me hard funny man.

    "The main reason for the success of canned beer was convenience. Because they were smaller than bottles, stackable and didnít break as easily they were easier to sell. The invention of the liner that made canned beer possible also allowed beer to be sold in metal kegs instead of wooden casks. This made it easier to transport to bars and easier to keep for longer periods of time.

    Every one knows cans are more convenient and easier to transport, but what about the taste? This has been a decades long debate. It really comes down to personal preference. Some people think that the can gives beer after taste, especially since we switched to using aluminum cans instead of tin. Other beer drinkers think that the bottle does a better job of preserving the flavor and carbonation used in the beer.

    One thing that is without dispute is beer temperature. In Europe, where beer is preferred warm, the fact that cans donít keep the beer cold isnít an issue. Here in America and other places where we prefer our beverages cold, this is a big deal. Once you open they can of beer the container has trouble keeping the liquid cold. Many Americans solve this problem by using beer cozies. Because of the nature of glass, beer in bottles stays cold longer even after its open.

    What about the impact on the environment? Hands down, bottles win in the debate on environmental impact. In fact the best thing you can do for the environment is to buy bottle beer from local brewery that is known to recycle glass for its bottles. This saves gas used in transportation, and avoids using aluminum.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  9. #9
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630
    Wow, you're mean.

    "Cans are light-tight, which prevents beer from getting light-struck. The beer inside is also less likely to be exposed to oxygen which compromises beer flavor."

    Bottled beer has a pretty short shelf life.

    Sierra Nevada makes some of my favorite beers. When it (SN) comes in a can, it tastes better to me. End of (my) story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Sierra Nevada can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I couldn't care less about their 'survey', so bite me hard funny man.

    "The main reason for the success of canned beer was convenience. Because they were smaller than bottles, stackable and didnít break as easily they were easier to sell. The invention of the liner that made canned beer possible also allowed beer to be sold in metal kegs instead of wooden casks. This made it easier to transport to bars and easier to keep for longer periods of time.

    Every one knows cans are more convenient and easier to transport, but what about the taste? This has been a decades long debate. It really comes down to personal preference. Some people think that the can gives beer after taste, especially since we switched to using aluminum cans instead of tin. Other beer drinkers think that the bottle does a better job of preserving the flavor and carbonation used in the beer.

    One thing that is without dispute is beer temperature. In Europe, where beer is preferred warm, the fact that cans donít keep the beer cold isnít an issue. Here in America and other places where we prefer our beverages cold, this is a big deal. Once you open they can of beer the container has trouble keeping the liquid cold. Many Americans solve this problem by using beer cozies. Because of the nature of glass, beer in bottles stays cold longer even after its open.

    What about the impact on the environment? Hands down, bottles win in the debate on environmental impact. In fact the best thing you can do for the environment is to buy bottle beer from local brewery that is known to recycle glass for its bottles. This saves gas used in transportation, and avoids using aluminum.

  10. #10
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Cans. Bottles. Casks. Pig's bladder. It all tastes like moose piss to me.

  11. #11
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    It all tastes like moose piss to me.
    I'm sure glad you tasted the Moose Piss first and let us know. I won't make that same mistake.

  12. #12
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I'm sure glad you tasted the Moose Piss first and let us know. I won't make that same mistake.
    Lol. Probably made by the same company that makes this.


  13. #13
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918
    I can drink Sierra Pale Ale when there's nothing hoppier on the menu, and I like their Torpedo IPA even more. I used to like their Celebration Ale but no longer. Can't think of much else I like from them. Too many others to drink.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •