I miss Demetrio

Printable View

• 12-14-2006, 10:43 AM
    3-LockBox
    I miss Demetrio
    Where's that dude?

He's the guy who turned me onto Ritual, one of my fave neo-prog bands, and he was one that flooded me with comps when I first axed the question, "Who still plays prog?"

His comps prolly got the most spin back in the day, where I got my first taste of Porky Tree as well.
  • 12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
    Hyfi
    After our last blowout with yuck at rocky road some time ago, he migrated to a few of the prog boards. I have not seen him anywhere for a long while. And yes, his Prog Gems and Samplers get play still to this day. He was a great influence that is missed.
  • 12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
    3-LockBox
    Well you ain't exactly a regular no more either ;)

What other prog boards?
  • 12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Progressive Ears is probably the biggest one. I can't keep up with it -- too much obscure stuff.

And yeah, I miss him, too.
  • 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Me too.
  • 12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Progressive Ears is probably the biggest one. I can't keep up with it -- too much obscure stuff.

Oh I'm down with the PE; lots of talk goes on there, plus there's an OT section, and even...

chicks!

Kinda funny though; some of the bands that are doing the prog thingy are semi-regular posters over there - Man On Fire, Cryptic Vision, to name a couple. Plus if you want to use the phrase Nazi Fuktard in the title of your post, the moderators don't go in behind you like a boot licking establishment lacky boy and change it on ya.
  • 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM
    Dave_G
    I don't think Demetrio has ever posted at PE unless he uses a different name.

PE is a good site too but it has issues as well...those darn proggers are goofy, I tell ya!

Dave
  • 05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
    Demetrio
    Hey, folks, I am back!!! And I'm glad to know you guys enjoyed my participation that much.

Like I said in another previous topic, I lost some interest in music for a time (mostly because of some other priorities in my life, especially the buy of my house), but it's all right now and I am back to enjoying the best thing of this world after woman: music. ;-)))

Thanks all for the "new" welcome!!!

Demetrio.
  • 05-22-2007, 10:59 AM
    3-LockBox
    Hey D, do you post over at Progressive Ears?
  • 05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
    Demetrio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Hey D, do you post over at Progressive Ears?

I used to post there a while back, but it has a been a long time I don't visit that forum.

Are there many folks from here joining there?
  • 05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Demetrio
    I used to post there a while back, but it has a been a long time I don't visit that forum.

A few - me, Troy (Designshed over there) and Dave G (DEG @ PE)

I'm surprised that you don't, since a number of people over there share some of your music tastes. And there are way more posts there than here, way more.

Which reminds me - don't get discouraged if your post go unanswered for a while. things are r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w here at Rave Recs anymore. This board has gone a couple of days without a new post in the past, while PE averages a new post every hour at least. A few months ago there were some members here pissing down both legs about the What is spinning thread, because it has over 1100 replies and over 26,000 veiws. I visit hobby sites were threads get over 100,000 veiws and over 2000 replies. PE has threads that grow to 15-16 pages in just a few days. For prog music and avante gard, it can't be beat. International crowd too. Yeah, some of them are opinionated jerks, but if you can stomach Rocky Road...
  • 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

I lurk, but rarely post there.
  • 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
    BarryL
    My Pal D.
    Demetrio turned me on to so much prog when 1 thought it was long dead. I owe so much musical pleasure to him, Welcome back, my SA, friend.
  • 05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I lurk, but rarely post there.

chicken

:ciappa:
  • 05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
    Hyfi
    Hey Demetrio!

Glad to hear your still kicking. Your Prog Gems series still gets plenty of spins round here, one just last week. Shape of a Dancer is a regular Test Track for Bass.

3LB is right, this place never bounced back from the forum change. I post so infrequently, every time I log in I am harassed with the following:

"Hello Hyfi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

This post should stop that for a week or two.

Hello to all the "Others" out there in RR land, also.

Hyfi
  • 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
    3-LockBox
    Hello Hyfi!

What's new for you?

I heard they're going re-issue Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water CD

Excellent album if you don't already have it.
  • 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Hello to all the "Others" out there in RR land, also.

Hyfi

There are "Others" here? Run away! Run away! :)

Where the heck have you been hiding?!
  • 05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I post so infrequently, every time I log in I am harassed with the following:

"Hello Hyfi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

When I went away for a while it said. "Bring to me, a shrubbery"
  • 05-24-2007, 02:53 PM
    Demetrio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_G
    PE is a good site too but it has issues as well...those darn proggers are goofy, I tell ya!

Yeah, I have tried to participate of that forum for several occasions, but just can't find it as friendly as others I have joined out there. Those guys at PE are so...... arrogant. :-(

When it comes to friendly people, I find it very difficult to find another nice place like RR. It's really a shame to see that discussions here are running so slowly. It would be so good to have everybody back again.

Cheers,
    Demetrio.
  • 05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

When it comes to friendly people, I find it very difficult to find another nice place like RR. It's really a shame to see that discussions here are running so slowly.

Its Swish's fault
  • 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Hello Hyfi!

What's new for you?

I heard they're going re-issue Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water CD

Excellent album if you don't already have it.

Man, I actually only have a cassette I taped of the LP from hmmmm what year did that come out? I may just look into it.

New career has got me occupied trying to learn everything I can about Regulatory Submissions since I support Submission Publishing software that just about every Pharma company uses.

I put together a modest HT system and have been enjoying the big screen and movies. I'm still not real happy with most of the newer music so I tend to listen to all my older stuff as well as many many comps from RRers. Who wants to read a post about that?

I still look here most days of the week hoping there is something I can get into but all I get was that harassment banner.
  • 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    There are "Others" here? Run away! Run away! :)

You know I threw that in there just for you, right? I've been lurking and working. Emailed ya a few times but maybe they never made it. Are you still playing your geetar? We had no winter here and it's summer already. Lots of pretty nice weather tho.
  • 05-27-2007, 07:49 PM
    unleasHell
    Glad to have "D" back,

my music collecting has taken a back seat to my photography,

but I still manage to buy 2-4 Cd's a month...

as for Prog ears, well I got in a huge fight with some fans over there, actualy it was kinda fun, I had to take on 2 or 3 losers but I did not back down (they did) and I got my last word in..

tearing... kinda makes me miss the old yechster battles...
  • 05-28-2007, 01:51 PM
    Demetrio
    Hey, unleasHell, thanks!!! Like I said before, I'm also very glad to "see" you all again.

Kind regards,
    Demetrio.
  • 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
    Dave_G
    Demetrio,

I would think P.E. would be a whole new realm for you, sure, there are goobers over there , but heck, goobers are everywhere, LOL!

I still spin your komps on occasion. They were meticulously made and I am proud to have them in my collection.

Can you press any lp's?

BTW you should hear the new Galahad. It kicks ass.

Dave