Forum Regular

Off Topic - Attn Dog Lovers

I just wanted to make any dog owners aware of a foundation I was recently made aware of.

About two months ago, I found out my 6 1/2 year old Saint Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer. As you can imagine, it was devastating news. I did all I could to prevent something like this from happening, like feeding him the highest quality food, providing him with supplements, exercise, etc. Not too long before I found out about his illness, I found out that his Father had passed away from bone cancer as well. I guess taking the steps I had to prevent something like this from happening cant prevent a disease that is in his genes.

Anyways, a friend of mine sent me a collar from this website (see below) and I just thought it was awesome. Since then, I have been trying to spread the word to make people aware that there is a foundation trying to help prevent this nasty disease in dogs. Please pass this along to anyone you know who is a dog lover, and if you can, please order a collar for your dog. Thank for your time!

www.pet4pets.com

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Cool post. I don't own a dog or I would buy one...come to think of it maybe I'll buy a half dozen or so for GMichael's housewarming party.

On a serious note, sorry to read about your canine friend. Having owned a few in the past I know that the cliche is true--they really become part of the family. I hope you get to make the most of whatever time you have left together.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    Thanks so much for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Cool post. I don't own a dog or I would buy one...come to think of it maybe I'll buy a half dozen or so for GMichael's housewarming party.

On a serious note, sorry to read about your canine friend. Having owned a few in the past I know that the cliche is true--they really become part of the family. I hope you get to make the most of whatever time you have left together.

Hi Duds,
    Sorry to read about your canine pal. Not to long ago we lost a young dog to bone cancer. So I know in a small way what you go through.
    All I can say is celebrate the memories.
    I shall order some collors and use them as presents for our new puppy owners.

Peace

Bernd

R.I.P. Vinnie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    My wife just ordered one. She's a pushover for anything dog related. Okay, so am I.

Duds - I went through the cancer thing with my border collie. Poor guy was only 8 years old. That was tough, I know exactly what you're going through now. All I can say is to make the most of the time you have left, and be right there with him at the end. It'll make it a lot easier for both him and you.

Forum Regular
    Thanks so much Bernd, and sorry to hear about your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Hi Duds,
    Sorry to read about your canine pal. Not to long ago we lost a young dog to bone cancer. So I know in a small way what you go through.
    All I can say is celebrate the memories.
    I shall order some collors and use them as presents for our new puppy owners.

Peace

Bernd

R.I.P. Vinnie

Forum Regular
    Many many thanks to you and your wife, and sorry for your loss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    My wife just ordered one. She's a pushover for anything dog related. Okay, so am I.

Duds - I went through the cancer thing with my border collie. Poor guy was only 8 years old. That was tough, I know exactly what you're going through now. All I can say is to make the most of the time you have left, and be right there with him at the end. It'll make it a lot easier for both him and you.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hey Duds. Thanks for this post. I don't own a dog, but I love all animals and I'll be passing this web site along to all of my dog-owner friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about your furry friend. It's a great loss to lose a pet. I hope that you're able to enjoy a long time together before that happens.

Forum Regular
    Thank you so much FA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hey Duds. Thanks for this post. I don't own a dog, but I love all animals and I'll be passing this web site along to all of my dog-owner friends.

I'm so sorry to hear about your furry friend. It's a great loss to lose a pet. I hope that you're able to enjoy a long time together before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    I just wanted to make any dog owners aware of a foundation I was recently made aware of.

About two months ago, I found out my 6 1/2 year old Saint Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer. As you can imagine, it was devastating news. I did all I could to prevent something like this from happening, like feeding him the highest quality food, providing him with supplements, exercise, etc. Not too long before I found out about his illness, I found out that his Father had passed away from bone cancer as well. I guess taking the steps I had to prevent something like this from happening cant prevent a disease that is in his genes.

Anyways, a friend of mine sent me a collar from this website (see below) and I just thought it was awesome. Since then, I have been trying to spread the word to make people aware that there is a foundation trying to help prevent this nasty disease in dogs. Please pass this along to anyone you know who is a dog lover, and if you can, please order a collar for your dog. Thank for your time!

www.pet4pets.com
    Very sad. I am sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for the link
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Thank you!!!! Please pass the link along.

QUOTE=GMichael]Very sad. I am sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for the link[/QUOTE]

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Duds, I'm truly sorry to hear about your Saint Bernard. I'm a relatively new dog/pet lover. Our Roxie is 4 (we got her Christmas Eve 4 years ago) and is an important part of our family. Thanks for the link and for spreading the word.

Forum Regular
    Thanks so much Dean, much appreciated. Enjoy every minute with Roxie!

QUOTE=dean_martin]Duds, I'm truly sorry to hear about your Saint Bernard. I'm a relatively new dog/pet lover. Our Roxie is 4 (we got her Christmas Eve 4 years ago) and is an important part of our family. Thanks for the link and for spreading the word.[/QUOTE]

Unhappy i hope that

he likes it in dogs heaven...
    maybe he'll meet our dog.

we had a dog once, (a bearderd collie, or a borderd collie, don't know the names too good, but it was one of the 2)

it was named "Beto" (to the first 2 letters of my name (Bert) and the first 2 letters of my brothers name (Tom)) it was a nice dog, and he never barked, he never bit, he never messed up with the cat (they were like best friends), in fact, he never did anything that annoyed me and other people, (unlike the other dogs in our street), but then there were fireworks (somewhere during the summer), and dogs don't like them for some reason, and the dog was still outside in the garden while we were looking at the fireworks, the next morning Beto was gone, and we ended up searching it for a week, but we didn't find him, and i still don't know what happened to him...
    it's really a great loss to lose a pet, especially dogs.

best wishes,
    Basite.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation