I am looking for Porky Tree; can you help?

I got the CD Signify from amazon.com last week and I think its great, but when I went back seek other titles, they're all out of stock. Are there any other sources for the earlier titles or am I s-o-l? I'd really like to get Stupid Dream if I could.

Forum Regular
    Have you tried amazondotcom or ebay?

Dave

Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun are out of print.

I do believe Snapper Music is planning on reissuing those titles some time next year.

The remaster/reissues of On The Sunday Of Life and Voyage 34 are scheduled for September and October respectively.

And, the remaster of The Sky Moves Sideways has been available for a few months now.

You can find that at http://www.lasercd.com/default.asp

Darren
    Last edited by DarrenH; 08-20-2004 at 11:35 AM.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Might want to try tower.com also

Forum Regular
    Dang, Darren!

You go boy, Mr. PT man!

Dave

Yes I looked there, since that's where I got Signify; but I don't want to spend $50 on a used copy.

Two weeks ago there was a used copy for $19.99, but it was gone just a few hours later.

They have a copy of Sunday Of Life for relatively cheap, but I'm not familiar with it; is it there debut?
    Last edited by 3-LockBox; 08-20-2004 at 12:44 PM. Reason: not finished

I have The Sky Moves Sideways, Signify, Coma Divine, and In Absentia.

I also have (on *CD-R) Lightbulb Sun. I wasn't so much interested in 'Sunday' since it seems to get mixed reviews. But I'd love to get Up The Downstairs and Stupid Dream, but I don't even see where they're slated for re-issue. I've been to their website and they mention Voyage 34 and On The Sunday Of Life as far as the re-issues go; but no mention of the others---I hate to think I have to wait any longer---I've been waiting for two or three years to get Stupid Dream and Up The Downstairs, but every time I go to look, they're still OOP, or someone wants some outrageous price for them. Ah well.....

*geez, can any of you take a hint?;-)

threelockboxtodd@yahoo.com
    Last edited by 3-LockBox; 08-20-2004 at 01:21 PM. Reason: just cuz

burn baby burn

I have both Stupid Dream and Up the Downstair and will toast ya a copy if you promise to buy them eventually. Only have access to a Xerox machine for the inserts tho, so you'd have to settle for B + W covers.
    No problems mate, drop me a PM.
    BTW - Stupid Dream is possibly the most consistant and enjoyable album they've done, IMHO. Up has some great moments but is a bit inconsistant.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    It seems I'm not the only one with trouble finding Porky Tree titles...I thought I was going to have to wait until I went to Europe this fall.
    Anyone have the DVD-A of In Absentia? How is it?

I have it (DVD-A Absentia). Don't like it. I seem to be in the minority here, but I find it hard to listen too. The mix is very un-natural with lots of echo. It loses the punch and airiness of the regular CD release. To be honest, if I play the regular CD and put my reciever in some fake DSP mode (like all channel stereo or Orchestra Hall) it sounds better than the DVD-A to me. You might find it different, but for me I don't like it and I was expecting great things.

Fragile by Yes. Now THAT'S how a DVD-A should sound.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Well, I'd like to grab more of their back catalog than buy an album I already have again, but other than In Absentia and Stupid Dream, most places I find don't have anything at all.
    I'm moving to a small city in Canada soon to start a new job, might be even harder to find their stuff cheap.
    Guess I'll have to look at some of the (expensive) re-releases. Are these remasters or just re-releases with some bonus tracks and different cases? And if they are remasters, is the quality significantly improved or should I keep browsing ebay?

Yeah, Fragile was excellent...Worst DVD-A I've heard was Metallica (Black Album).

DPM

Two other places to check.

You may want to check out synphonic.8m.com or lasercd.com. They probably don't have copies either, but it wouldn't hurt to check. I have ordered from both sites before and have never experienced any problems.

Dave M

Thread Information