Exclamation Hey FA - cryptic question

What did you think of that Moment Of Clarity album?

Have you heard Salem Hill or Man On Fire yet? I think you'd like both.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    What did you think of that Moment Of Clarity album?

Have you heard Salem Hill or Man On Fire yet? I think you'd like both.
    I really like Moments of Clarity. Yes, they have ripped off many of the great prog bands, in one place or another. About halfway through Colored Leaf I suspect that even the hardest core Pink Floyd fans couldn't say, with any certainty, that this wasn't a new PF song. The concept is hokey and the lyrics just as bad in some parts. Yet, as a whole, it appeals to me and I listen to it often. Maybe the reason that I like it so much is because it's a melting pot of so many great bands...I can get my Kansas and Pink Floyd and Rush and Spocks Beard fix all in one shot.

I haven't heard any Salem Hill or Man On Fire. But both are on my ProgRock wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I really like Moments of Clarity.
    You know, it'd be a hoot if you posted over at ProgEars, cuz you could post directly to the president of ProgRock Recs, Shawn Gordon, who posts regularly there himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    You know, it'd be a hoot if you posted over at ProgEars, cuz you could post directly to the president of ProgRock Recs, Shawn Gordon, who posts regularly there himself.
    I used to lurk there, so I know that Shawn posts there. He seems like a pretty cool guy. We've had some email correspondence over a couple of issues that I had with ProgRock after my first order from them, and he was very responsive to my concerns. When Moments of Clarity came out there was some really positive feedback over at ProgEars and Rick Duncan (band member) was posting there as well.

I should probably pay more attention to that site....but I already waste too much time on my computer.

Rick Duncan?!?

I used to lurk there, so I know that Shawn posts there. He seems like a pretty cool guy. We've had some email correspondence over a couple of issues that I had with ProgRock after my first order from them, and he was very responsive to my concerns. When Moments of Clarity came out there was some really positive feedback over at ProgEars and Rick Duncan (band member) was posting there as well.

I should probably pay more attention to that site....but I already waste too much time on my computer.
    I know a Rick Duncan- a friend of mine and a talented bass player/producer. Wonder if it's the same guy. Any clues to help me out, here?

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I know a Rick Duncan- a friend of mine and a talented bass player/producer. Wonder if it's the same guy. Any clues to help me out, here?

fp
    Well, you just grab your handy-dandy notebook and let's see what we can do.

He plays drums and keyboards on their disk. That doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to play the bass too. The band is from Tampa, FL.

http://www.rosfest.com/Performers-20...tic_Vision.htm

Nah.

Well, you just grab your handy-dandy notebook and let's see what we can do.

He plays drums and keyboards on their disk. That doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to play the bass too. The band is from Tampa, FL.

http://www.rosfest.com/Performers-20...tic_Vision.htm
    Can't be him- wrong side of the country.

Thanks for the research, tho.

fp

I can see you liking Man On Fire. I like it more with each listen, so I went ahead and ordered their latest album, Habitat (along with Salem Hill:Mimi's Magic Moment). Any exposure to K2 yet?

Thread Information