Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Hey blues-rock fans...Got Mule? I do!

A few of you know I moved to a small town in a small province in Canada a few years back. It's a quaint little place that both my wife and I found good work in. Other than hockey there's not much here, except once a year, in September an awesome little music festival takes the town of 60K or so by storm. It's a Jazz/Blues Festival in the most unlikely of places that really kicks some serious ass.

I'm happy to be one of the organizers for this event...last year G. E. Smith stole the show, this year we landed, among others, Gov't Mule, who are quite possibly my second favorite band period in the world today. Tomorrow night after 4 long years I'm finally going to see them again.

Man I'm lookin' forward to this lineup, including Dr. John, Arturo Sandoval, Molly Johnson, Lil' Brian, Watermelon Slim, etc...lots of good blues/jazz stuff.
    http://harvestjazzandblues.com/performers1.html
    I've only met 1 ar.com-er from the region, but if anyone's out my way or by chance going to this I'd love to buy you a beer...

Best part is I'm gonna meet Warren Haynes and Mule!

Now, who wants to touch me?

Pretty cool Kex. Great line up...Dr. John will be a treat too. Be sure to give us a review after the hangover.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

No problems there...I'll also keep track of how many times "Little Wing", "I Got My Mojo Working" and "Pride and Joy" is covered....

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Fantastic lineup. I'd say more but I'm green with envy.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    A few of you know I moved to a small town in a small province in Canada a few years back. It's a quaint little place that both my wife and I found good work in. Other than hockey there's not much here, except once a year, in September an awesome little music festival takes the town of 60K or so by storm. It's a Jazz/Blues Festival in the most unlikely of places that really kicks some serious ass.

I'm happy to be one of the organizers for this event...last year G. E. Smith stole the show, this year we landed, among others, Gov't Mule, who are quite possibly my second favorite band period in the world today. Tomorrow night after 4 long years I'm finally going to see them again.

Man I'm lookin' forward to this lineup, including Dr. John, Arturo Sandoval, Molly Johnson, Lil' Brian, Watermelon Slim, etc...lots of good blues/jazz stuff.
    http://harvestjazzandblues.com/performers1.html
    I've only met 1 ar.com-er from the region, but if anyone's out my way or by chance going to this I'd love to buy you a beer...

Best part is I'm gonna meet Warren Haynes and Mule!

Now, who wants to touch me?

As i mentioned before enjoy the show,you will love the accoustic show.

enjoy

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Suspended
    We're not worthy!

I was at a Blues Fest many moons ago in Atlanta, there were bands like Little Feat and several Blues acts, other than maybe the Head liner, BB King, I thought Dr. John stole the show. He had exceptional sound quality, I could here every horn and Congo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I thought Dr. John stole the show. He had exceptional sound quality, I could here every horn and Congo.
    Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that has collaborated with more Blues "Greats" than Dr. John. Absolutely a treasure in the blues world.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Wow, some Dr. John fans...good stuff.
    I've never seen him live, just a few videos of performances for Katrina relief shows. Definitely looking forward to that one.

The tape-room is setup for the Mule show...I'll see if I can't get a FLAC/mp3 copy for anyone that's interested...yeah, the Mule actually demanded the tape-room provision in their rider..how many artists can you say do that?

Thread Information