Forum Regular

Contact info for 4 MEN WITH BEARDS?

Just purchased the first 4 solo albums by Scott Walker by this company, 180g vinyl.

They suck, big time.

Would like to contact them and demand an explanation, but all I can see is a P.O. box on the record sleeve...

sorry for giving you false hope! I have no idea how to contact them : (

I did however buy their 180 gm Wire reissues and can't find fault with any of them. Sorry to hear your experience wasn't as positive.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    SQ sucked? or what aspect didn't work? I've really liked the 4 Men w/ Beards albums I've picked up...nice package (!), thick slabs of vinyl, great choices for releases. I've got Scott 4, both Judee Sills, Gene Clark's White Light, mmm, think that's it. Too bad.

I only have one reissue by 4 Men with Beard.

The Amazing Nina Simone.

I remember having a bad experience with this particular LP, and I think I even posted its poor SQ. Well it is sounding pretty damn good right now.

Maybe you should write angry letters, and convince them to send you crates of free LP. Works everytime.

JRA

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
    SQ sucked? or what aspect didn't work? I've really liked the 4 Men w/ Beards albums I've picked up...nice package (!), thick slabs of vinyl, great choices for releases. I've got Scott 4, both Judee Sills, Gene Clark's White Light, mmm, think that's it. Too bad.
    There's a pretty big thread (would be mind-bogglingly huge by our RR standards) over at the Steve Hoffman site about this series. Seem to be a few people disappointed in the sound and press quality.

But mainly responding to the new Slint avatar you're sporting. If I remember right, wasn't that cover shot by Will Oldham? Back in the days they were all working in Kentucky together. David Pajo and Oldham still seem to always be on each others records, usually to the betterment of both. That Papa M record "Whatever, Mortal" really seemed almost a collab, and the way it kind of tied together the post-rock and alt-folk/country sounds was pretty cool.

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    mmm, yes Will Oldham photo and in the sleeve of that Slint album they have a request for any female singers interested to contact them. That's one of the great unmade albums imo, Slint with female harmonies. I don't really know any Papa M stuff but I think Pajo played guitar in the for Carnation for a bit...a band that I always like when I think to put 'em on though get bored after a couple songs.

Thread Information