Hey all you New York City rave recers.

Ok, so there are prolly only a couple of you, but anyway...

My son-in-law's band, Movies With Heroes, is playing an important gig in NYC on March 12th as it appears some people from Epic Records will be there, so they need all the support they can get. A guy named Adam Gelfond, who has acted as tour manager for both Beck and Incubus, is trying to get them signed to a major label, so they've been busy writing new material and practicing like crazy. I saw them a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed, although you could say I'm a bit partial.

It's a Sunday night gig, so I can't possibly make it, although I'll be at their CD release party on March 3rd at the Chameleon in Lancaster, PA. The show will be at the Knitting Factory, located at 74 Leonard St., New York, NY 10013, between Broadway and Church St. Phone number is 212-219-3132 .

It would be very cool if anyone out there can make it and give me their impressions of the band. Tickets are only $8 and there are 3 other bands playing.

Regards,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Can we mention your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Ok, so there are prolly only a couple of you, but anyway...

My son-in-law's band, Movies With Heroes, is playing an important gig in NYC on March 12th as it appears some people from Epic Records will be there, so they need all the support they can get. A guy named Adam Gelfond, who has acted as tour manager for both Beck and Incubus, is trying to get them signed to a major label, so they've been busy writing new material and practicing like crazy. I saw them a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed, although you could say I'm a bit partial.

It's a Sunday night gig, so I can't possibly make it, although I'll be at their CD release party on March 3rd at the Chameleon in Lancaster, PA. The show will be at the Knitting Factory, located at 74 Leonard St., New York, NY 10013, between Broadway and Church St. Phone number is 212-219-3132 .

It would be very cool if anyone out there can make it and give me their impressions of the band. Tickets are only $8 and there are 3 other bands playing.

Regards,
    Swish
    What's the music genre?
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

They're a rock band. I guess I could best be described...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    What's the music genre?
    as indy rock ala Love Spit Love and maybe some touches of Sunny Day Real Estate? I think you'll like 'em. Very talented guys, and I'm not just saying that because the drummer is married to my daughter. They were the opening act for the Pink Spiders when I saw them last time, and I thought they were better received than the feature act.

You can mention my name for sure, but it as the mod, you know it's not Swish.

So are you really thinking about going there? I was hoping J would chime in, but there's still plenty 'o time.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Forum Regular
    I am no where near the distance of being able to go, but I have a friend who plays the Knitting Factory and I will back you on saying that is a pretty big deal on its own.NYC is a stiff competition for a band to break out of. Pass on the luck.

I just got an e-mail from our pal J and he told me...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddL
    I am no where near the distance of being able to go, but I have a friend who plays the Knitting Factory and I will back you on saying that is a pretty big deal on its own.NYC is a stiff competition for a band to break out of. Pass on the luck.
    pretty much the same thing about the Knitting Factory. He lives about 1 mile from there and is going to try to make it. Anyway, it just sucks for me that it's on a Sunday night. I have too much going on with work that I can't stay overnight, and driving back from the city at so late on a work night would not be very smart.

Thank for the good wishes,

Swish

So...anyone else on this board going? It's in the Old Office at the KF.

I don't like others.

Anyone else? So does that mean you're going?

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    So...anyone else on this board going? It's in the Old Office at the KF.
    That would be very cool J. We cannot possibly make it tonight, although it would have been great to see you and the band. My daughter is going though, along with one of her friends. I was away 3 days last week and will be gone 3 this week, so traveling to NYC on a Sunday night just wasn't in the cards. We just saw them on the 3rd at the Chameleon in Lancaster, and we had a blast. We had about 25 friends and family there, so it was a pretty special night.

Swish

What are their names?

I don't like others.

Jamie and Theresa.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    What are their names?
    Think you'll figure out who they are?

Swish

Thread Information