Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Has anyone heard the new Coldplay disk?

I'm wondering how it is. Can anyone comment?

"I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

To me, it sounds like they have begin to recycle ideas since XY. I am also never been a fan of this guys voice. Lovers In Japan is a ok song, but when this band is not mimicking Radiohead, they mimick U2, like on this song.

But maybe I should not comment because I never been a fan of Coldplay. I think there name is perfect for there kind of music.
    They told me I wouldn't, but I found an answer
    I'm Van Occupanther, I'm Van Occupanther

Let me not be too consumed with this world
    Somtimes I want to go home
    And stay out of site for a long time

I heard one tune and liked it. I'm not familiar with Coldplay's music so this album might be my jumping in point.

Cheers
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

I've been spinning this disk for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that I think that it's their best disk yet. Lots of hooks and catchy tunes. Far more upbeat than A Rush of Blood to the Head. In fact, there are several songs on here that if I had just heard them out of context and was asked to guess who the band was, I wouldn't have guessed Coldplay.

This is a very good disk that takes their sound in a slightly new, more upbeat, direction. Commercial as it is, this could end up on my best of 2008 list.

Suspended
    Not a Coldplay fan but what I have read on other boards is that the recording quality and sound is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Not a Coldplay fan but what I have read on other boards is that the recording quality and sound is crap.
    I don't expect otherwise from radio friendly bands like this. Having said that, I've heard a lot worse.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I don't expect otherwise from radio friendly bands like this. Having said that, I've heard a lot worse.
    I don't doubt that. I actually don't mind the music, per se. There's just something about Chris Martin's voice that makes me wanna shave my tongue...I just see him becoming the next rock 'n' roll preachy-guy a la Michael Stipe or Bono.

OTOH, the words from Autumn indicate that mebbe this version is a different CP so perhaps I'll have to find a way to sample it.

Thread Information