A great 'chill' tune. Have any you can recommend?

I really dig this one.

I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Not very current, but my all time favorite chill tune may be Eno's "On Some Faraway Beach". Was just reading the biography of the same name by David Sheppard, so that pretty much clinches it.

Sitting on top at Song of the Day right now.

That a great song for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Not very current, but my all time favorite chill tune may be Eno's "On Some Faraway Beach". Was just reading the biography of the same name by David Sheppard, so that pretty much clinches it.

Sitting on top at Song of the Day right now.
    The one I posted is really tasty, but even better with the RAC Remix, but I don't have that on video. You can download that version for free here.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I like that Washed Out record and some of that chill wave stuff. On a bit of a different path yet certainly laid back I'm really digging this right now from a collaboration between Jan Jelinek and Computer Soup:

That track is called Straight Life, but the whole disc is pretty great if you like that sort of thing.

I thought Nobody and I were the only only ones digging that Washed Out record. It's a keeper. I'm not really super big into the chill scene, not even really sure what qualifies but I put this one on a YEC several years ago and I think it's as good today as it was then, Telepopmusik - Breathe:

"Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    On a bit of a different path yet certainly laid back I'm really digging this right now from a collaboration between Jan Jelinek and Computer Soup:
    That's more than 'chill'. That's downright 'coma'.

When I want to chill, nothing works better for me than Mecury Rev. That's the perfect chill music for me.

Also, for some reason that Breathe song reminds me of this tune from Röyksopp, So Easy:

And in a vein more similar to that Washed Out, there's this one from last year...

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round and Round

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    When I want to chill, nothing works better for me than Mecury Rev. That's the perfect chill music for me.
    Great song, from a great album. Not sure I'd call it chill since it does have some big dynamic buildups, but very cool nonetheless. The live bonus disc version has been up at my song of the day for a long time and is a chillier version ... probably about due to be recycled. Was hoping the new reissue would sound more like that, not so loud, but sounds about the same as the old version judging by the MP3 samples. Maybe they only remastered the vinyl?

But good call. I've always been able to relax into that album too...

Bands, those funny little plans, that never work quite right...

Rae

~Rae

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The album Moon Safari by the French group/duo Air from around '99 is something I like to chillax to.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

If you liek Moon Safari, have you tried Premiers Symptômes? It was a longish EP/shortish LP (collection of singles really) from the year before Moon Safari. Similar feel but personally I like it a bit better.

3LB
    ^ taint heard that one. I only came into Air a few years ago. I have Moon Safari and one of the more recent ones, Pocket Symphony.

3LB
    Hey Nobody, have heard Junior by Royksopp. Maybe a tad poppier than Melody AM.

'fess up - did that Geico commercial (Remind Me) influence your purchase of that particular Royksopp album? It did me.

That one is a bit more to the poppy side. The following year they put out a companion album called Senior that is more laid back.

And honestly, I don't know what commercial you're talking about.

Thread Information