Forum Regular

The Album Leaf - In a Safe Place

at least i think that's what the album is called. i have a burnt advance copy, so no titles or notes.

this was/is one of the most looked forward to albums of the year for me. i've given it a few thorough listens and this is what i think: it's ok. there is really nothing spectacular about it. the collaborations are interesting and they fit. nothing sounds forced like i thought there was a chance it might. but on the whole i think i'm a bit disappointed - mostly due to my high high expectations.

that said, there's nothing wrong with the album (except maybe for track 2). it flows pretty nicely and there are a few standout tracks. 7 in particular is awesome. think of a laptop beat driven album leaf song (like Malmo, for instance) with some sigur ros percussion blended in. VERY nice.

that's all for now.

todd

Too bad that it didn't knock you out. How many songs does Jimmy LaValle sing on and is his voice very good? Guess I'll need to look for some samples before buying. Oh well, not much to say. This is what we fondly call around here a "pity reply", which is, of course, a more personal form of the often overused "pity click". Next time you see one of my posts lanquishing with only about 10 views and on its way down the Rave Recs drain, remember who was there for ya

Forum Regular

haha

i posted this for you! i figured you'd be interested.

i'm not sure what voice is jimmy's. there's definitely one song with jonsi's vocal and i believe 2 with pall. it sounds almost like pall's voice is doubled by another, and that could be jimmy's. again, no notes so i can't tell exactly who plays on what.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    This is what we fondly call around here a "pity reply", which is, of course, a more personal form of the often overused "pity click".
    Well, no, a pity reply and a pity click are two different things. That was, yes, a pity reply, but a pity click is when you click on the thread purely to increase the number of viewings of the thread. Sometimes, people will also reply, pointing out that they pity-clicked, but that's not the same thing. That's more making sure to take credit for the pity-click. Also, on the old board, it increased the effect of pity-clicks. For example, if a post had zero replies, then pity-clicking on it would generate one additional viewing for each pity-click. However, if it had 3 replies, then the result would go up four-fold. &c.

And no, I have nothing to say about Album Leaf, I'm still getting it. Album Leaf never produced those "blow away on first listen" kind of records.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information