• 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Genesis reunion with Gabriel still a possibility
    I was just listening to the classic rock station, at work. Genesis is in town rehearsing this week and they've invited members of the media and contest winners to sit in on today's rehearsal.

According to the radio station, there was a Q&A session and PG's absense came up. The members said that PG chose to sit out this tour as he was working on his own album and possible tour. However, his album and tour have yet to materialize and they said that they are still in discussion with him regarding a possible future reunion tour.

Now, discussion could mean that Phil phones PG and says, "Hey Pete, wanna come on tour with us?" Peter answers, "No". Then Phil phones him weekly and asks, "Hey Pete, changed your mind yet?".

This is, of course, all just heresay...I wasn't there.

If it happens...remember that you heard it here first!
  • 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
    Mr MidFi
    Meh. Would have been cool 20 years ago. Not so much now. Certainly not at those prices. Or with their current set list (although, that would probably be amended for a PG reunion, I suppose).
  • 09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
    3-LockBox
    No Steve Hackett = no reunion

Like I've said on another website, Gabriel has nothing to gain. I doubt he or Hackett want to waddle through material that didn't include them anyway.

I think if Gabriel participated in any reunion at all, it would be as a guest, appearing for one or two songs...maybe.

And for what, the handful of fans who remember or ever knew that Genesis had two other members? 80% of Genesis 'modern' fan base doesn't care.
  • 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
    unleasHell
    In a parrallel universe, Hackett and Gabriel reform their own Genesis...