a pretty funny WORST of 2003 list..

there's a best of list there too..

http://buddyhead.com/music/bestof2003/

I feel honored that I chose a track from one of their WORST albums for my 2003 comp, but I also chose one from one of their BEST, so, it all evens out.

hehe.

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

No wonder you guys hate my comps!

I have one disc from the 'good' top 20, and 12 from the 'bad.'

Hee hee!

fp

Didn't always agree, but a fun read. I especially enjoyed his rant on Liz Phair, although to be honest I could care lass about her either way. Didn't like this year's record by her, but I've yet to care about anything she's done. A completely generic sounding rock chick in my book.

I guess since I live in the midwest, it's OK that I like that Kings of Leon record. At least he got it right with the CCR reference. I've heard too many Skynard comments about these guys that I just don't get. I think CCR is way more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Didn't always agree, but a fun read. I especially enjoyed his rant on Liz Phair, although to be honest I could care lass about her either way. Didn't like this year's record by her, but I've yet to care about anything she's done. A completely generic sounding rock chick in my book.

I guess since I live in the midwest, it's OK that I like that Kings of Leon record. At least he got it right with the CCR reference. I've heard too many Skynard comments about these guys that I just don't get. I think CCR is way more accurate.
    That Kings of Leon track is one of my favourites on your 2003 comp, nobody. Is that the Big Black Witchcraft one? I totally dig that hootenanny song, too! Only complaint I have is that I can't copy your disk for some reason, so would you be so kind as to send a copy to Davey. I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Snowflake

Big Black Witchraft Rock is the Cramps. The one with the banjos and all that is off the new Brian Setzer.

Don't know why you wouldn't be able to copy it. But, sure, I'll send one to Davey. I may even be able to drop it in the mail this weekend. Of course, he's probably already heard most all of it. But, I'm sure he'll listen again on your recommendation.

Big Black Witchraft Rock is the Cramps. The one with the banjos and all that is off the new Brian Setzer.

Don't know why you wouldn't be able to copy it. But, sure, I'll send one to Davey. I may even be able to drop it in the mail this weekend. Of course, he's probably already heard most all of it. But, I'm sure he'll listen again on your recommendation.
    Hehehe... I know I liked the Kings of Leon track. Which one is it? In my defense, its kinda hard to read the tracklist when I'm skiing. That Jet song is excellent, as well. I didn't recognize it at first since I'd never heard it in its entirety.

Isn't Brian Setzer Canadian? Eh, Hoserboy?

Brian Setzer Canadian? That's just absurd. You must be thinking of Corey Hart.

You're really making me wat a beer and some jelly donuts with all this Canada talk. (can you tell most of what I know about Canada I learned from Strange Brew?)

The Kings of Leon track is Molly's Chambers. That Jet disc is pretty good too. I don't much care for when they slow down, but when they just bash stuff out, I like their sound.

Brian Setzer Canadian? That's just absurd. You must be thinking of Corey Hart.

You're really making me wat a beer and some jelly donuts with all this Canada talk. (can you tell most of what I know about Canada I learned from Strange Brew?)

The Kings of Leon track is Molly's Chambers. That Jet disc is pretty good too. I don't much care for when they slow down, but when they just bash stuff out, I like their sound.
    Oh yeah, Molly's Chamber's about the independant woman.

I must be confusing Brian Setzer with Colin James. I saw them in concert together a long time ago. Or maybe I'm just dreaming...

Snow

or mabye you just don't know what you're talking aboot

OK...enough Canada bashing.

I actually have a friend that travels a lot and whenever he goes abroad he pretends to be Canadian so people will like him more than another stupid American.

Oh...and being a Michigan resident these days, I feel I should go ahead and offer you the UP. Looks like it belongs to you guys anyway.

or mabye you just don't know what you're talking aboot

OK...enough Canada bashing.

I actually have a friend that travels a lot and whenever he goes abroad he pretends to be Canadian so people will like him more than another stupid American.

Oh...and being a Michigan resident these days, I feel I should go ahead and offer you the UP. Looks like it belongs to you guys anyway.
    Yeah, I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Tell me more about The Cramps. Other than that stupid name, I really like their sound.

Snowie

The Cramps are one of my favorites, actually. They've been around for quite some time. They started up in like 79 or so, I believe. They were one of the first bands, probably the first that I know of, to blend rockabilly with punk rock and a sleazy b horror movie aesthetic. Their sound and look has been pretty influential over the years. They've got a ton of records out. I haven't heard a bad one yet to be honest. They've all got their highlights. A few of my favorites are Bad Music for Bad People, a collection of singles, Smell of Female, an excellent live album from a band that really does shine live, and Stay Sick for highlights like Bikini Girls with Machine Guns and Journey to the Center of a Girl. I think I've got their Greatest Hits CD around that I could send ya to check out if you'd be interested. You could figure out from that other stuff you'd be interested in. Just let me know.

Forum Regular
    But, sure, I'll send one to Davey. I may even be able to drop it in the mail this weekend. Of course, he's probably already heard most all of it. But, I'm sure he'll listen again on your recommendation.
    Thanks! I'd been meaning to ask but kinda forgot and then Snowie offered me a copy. And sure, I have heard many of the bands before, but don't have hardly anything on your comp and it sounds like a fun listen. Been getting lots of good reviews around here too

I guess you have my Mesa address from the last package I sent? Or did I already email it to you? Let me know if you need it - don't send it to California

EDIT: And if anyone is keeping track, I've got five albums (4 + 1 CD-R) from his best of list and none from the worst. Not sure if that means anything or not
    Last edited by Davey.; 01-31-2004 at 09:58 AM.

I can't find it. Could you PM or email me with your address? Thanks.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    there's a best of list there too..

http://buddyhead.com/music/bestof2003/

I feel honored that I chose a track from one of their WORST albums for my 2003 comp, but I also chose one from one of their BEST, so, it all evens out.

hehe.

-jar
    I just loved this description of the Coheed & Cambria album I ordered yesterday.

Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
    Concept albums are almost always a sure sign of ****tyness, but imagine if one among the hordes of nu-emo / metal bands attempted to create their genres "Tommy" or something, except this time the concept is kinda like Star Trek, but turn the "dork" knob up to 11. Who would've thought we'd ever see the day that "prog-emo" came to fruition, fronted by a troll that sounds like Geddy Lee, and a band that sounds like two guitar players dueling it out in an Indiana Guitar Center? Dorkfest.

"Dorkfest" kinda hurts.

Forum Regular
    I can't find it. Could you PM or email me with your address? Thanks.
    Will do, thanks.

Forum Regular
    Nice new avatar there Davey!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Nice new avatar there Davey!
    Bad taste, I know, but at least it's topical. Probably be changed to something else with less boob action (although I've never actually seen her boobs move, even when she's jumping all over in her videos) pretty soon so many people will probably wonder what you liked so much about it

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Bad taste, I know, but at least it's topical. Probably be changed to something else with less boob action (although I've never actually seen her boobs move, even when she's jumping all over in her videos) pretty soon so many people will probably wonder what you liked so much about it
    The whole things funny, especially since they insist on denying it was intentional. Jackson's career wasn't looking so good so she exposes her boob on tv during the SB for publicity. Its really that simple.

Thread Information