Well this just sucks!

I saw that Guided By Voices is doing a reunion tour and will be playing in Philly on Friday, June 17th. I was so revved up to see this band and was getting a bunch of friends together to get the tickets when Bob informed me we already have tickets to see the Feelies show that night. WTF!

Now I like me some Feelies, but if I had my choice, it would be Guided By Voices. Not by a mile, but by plenty. I only hope I can figure out some other way to see them.

Crap!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

The Phillies suck. Go see your voices.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Sell off (or default) on your Feelies ticket and go see Guided By Voices. Bob'll understand.

Rae
    It's hard for me to sympathize, since I've seen GBV a bunch of times and the Feelies'd be a much more attractive ticket for me... but console yrself with the fact that GBV is more likely to be touring again (despite their repeated insistence) than the Feelies, right?

~Rae

Despite the fact that I'm a Flyers and Eagles fan...

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    The Phillies suck. Go see your voices.
    ...I do NOT like the Phillies, but it was a nice attempt at a play on words. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan dude.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Hmmm. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    It's hard for me to sympathize, since I've seen GBV a bunch of times and the Feelies'd be a much more attractive ticket for me... but console yrself with the fact that GBV is more likely to be touring again (despite their repeated insistence) than the Feelies, right?

~Rae
    Nothing is certain though, is it? I never thought I'd get to see Pavement, and lo and behold. I never thought I'd see the Feelies, and lo and behold, and I never thought I'd get to see GBV....guess we'll wait and see about that.

Guess what Rae? They ARE touring again, and I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post

~Rae
    Yep, they be comin' to Philly in July, and I'll be there with bells on. Good call!

Thread Information