Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

Galactic. Any Fans (A Starbuck's inspired inquiry)

I've also been picking up the daily free downloads whenever I get my fix. Finally one that kicks booty.

Galactic (& Lyrics Born): I Got It (What You Need) from their new album From the Corner to the Block.

I actually have a couple Galactic albums (Ruckus and Crazy Horse Mongoose). Off the top of my head, I'd categorize it as down and gritty, southern inspired fuzzbox funk-jazz with hints of electronica.

The brief descriptions of the new album mixes in various collaborators and hip-hop. This track sound good. My download is DRM'd iTunes so I'm not up to the conversions required to share it for you all. But here's a track from Ruckus if you're interested...(Apple lossless). And another one I like.

Anyway, anyone have the album to comment on it's purchase worthyness?

I like Galactic. Some 'em in NOLA a few years back....

...at the Jazz Fest (everyone sick of me taking about the New Orleans Jazz Fest yet?). They played the same night as moe, and both of them blew the place apart. I have a live cd from them called "We Love 'em Tonight', recorded live at Tipitina's, or Tip's, as the locals call it, a very famous NOLA club. Lots of up-tempo stuff, plenty of horns. Haven't listened to it in a long time, so maybe I need to dig it out?

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I see their web site has some concerts for download (FLAC, $). Wondering if any of these would be good.

That's funny...I saw Galactic and Starbuck in the heading and thought it was about the TV show.

beedebeedebeede

Thread Information