Thread: Bailter Space?

Bailter Space?

I have Vortura but haven't listened to it much .....until a few songs came up while shuffling my entire library. Now it is growing on me. My local indie-record store has Tanker and Solar.3. Just wondering if their style changed much album to album?
    Last edited by Slosh; 01-27-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Didn't you ever get the Bailter Space comp from our old buddy Cornelius... http://members.mailaka.net/davey/comp4trade.htm#cc

Listening to the recent Lilium Felt and it's pretty nice. Kind of minimalist, with both jazz and classical leanings like the last one Short Stories from a few years ago. Great musicians, sometimes surprising to remember that these guys were the rhythm and much of the power behind Sixteen Horsepower

No, I missed out on that one somehow.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Tanker is great.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Rae
    Bailter Space was awesome. Cornelius was personal friends with the band and I think had some involvement with the label that put out some of their stuff stateside. His own band, Sunday Puncher, owed a little debt to them and had two records, The Livid Eye and For Your Everchanging World, that are well worth owning. But yeah, Bailter Space-- Tanker for sure. I also have some of their 7"s from right after that and they're pretty good; I don't know if they were ever anthologized. If you like Vortura, the thing that I held on to from that era was the B.E.I.P. EP, which has a slightly different version of the song "X" from Vortura and three other tracks. Looks like that one's on Amazon in Like New condition for 40¢ plus shipping.

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Tanker is great.
    Yeah it is. Okay, so I've only listened to it twice so far but it left a good impression. My CD is a reissue that also includes their 6-song debut EP (apparently) Nelsh from 1987. That's really good too except the song "Separate Circles" seems kinda out of place with all of the other songs. Grabbed Solar.3 while I was at it but haven't got around to spinning it yet.

Thread Information