Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Regular

Frenchmon ** Winston ** thanks for the recommendations

I will be looking for your suggestions online this weekend!

Thanks again guys.

LeRoy

Hey Winston..you want to see my Boyeeees in avant-garde! Check them out and also the B&W matix 801's in the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Acwn...eature=related

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I usually come off as a rock guy, but I also happen to be a huge jazz fan...you name it I prolly got it...frenchmon, you got a copy of Chet Baker's "Holiday"?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

AIX records has B&Ws like that

in the studio. hhmmmmmmmmm?!
    ...regards...tr

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I usually come off as a rock guy, but I also happen to be a huge jazz fan...you name it I prolly got it...frenchmon, you got a copy of Chet Baker's "Holiday"?
    Naw....is it a "Christmas"Holiday CD? I've got a very good CD by Baker..."Round Midnight". I love Chet Baker. You got "The water is Wide" CD by Charles Lloyd? IF not go and pick it up. Its rather smooth and not avant-garde in the slightest. Its so smooth, Billy Higgins is using brushes on most of the cuts. It will mellow you out after a stressful day at the office...at least it dose from me.

Hey did you come to St. Louis one time and spent some time with Mr.Peabody? IF so you coming back this way soon? Maybe all 3 of us could get together?

frenchmon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by hifitommy
    in the studio. hhmmmmmmmmm?!
    Did you like that, hifi? I got a feeling you did.

frenchmon

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

not AIX

i just heard from mark and it wasnt his studio.
    ...regards...tr

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Naw....is it a "Christmas"Holiday CD? I've got a very good CD by Baker..."Round Midnight". I love Chet Baker. You got "The water is Wide" CD by Charles Lloyd? IF not go and pick it up. Its rather smooth and not avant-garde in the slightest. Its so smooth, Billy Higgins is using brushes on most of the cuts. It will mellow you out after a stressful day at the office...at least it dose from me.

Hey did you come to St. Louis one time and spent some time with Mr.Peabody? IF so you coming back this way soon? Maybe all 3 of us could get together?

frenchmon
    Actually, it's not a holiday disc at all despite the name...tunes like "Travelin' Light", "When Your Lover Has Gone", etc...if you're interested in a trial copy PM me the addy....I already owe enough people stuff one more wont hurt, lol.

Yeah, I've actually been down to St. Louis several times this year and, in fact, did get to spend some time with Mr. Peabody and his excellent system...not sure when I'll make it down again but the more the merrier, I say.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Actually, it's not a holiday disc at all despite the name...tunes like "Travelin' Light", "When Your Lover Has Gone", etc...if you're interested in a trial copy PM me the addy....I already owe enough people stuff one more wont hurt, lol.

Yeah, I've actually been down to St. Louis several times this year and, in fact, did get to spend some time with Mr. Peabody and his excellent system...not sure when I'll make it down again but the more the merrier, I say.

addy PMed.

Cool

Hey Winston..you want to see my Boyeeees in avant-garde! Check them out and also the B&W matix 801's in the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Acwn...eature=related

frenchmon
    ooOOH" Shxx" "Umm-hmm" That was some Brushing & blowing man, Charles Lloyd must be saddened by Bill Higgins Passing" (for want of a better word......They had A relationship!!) thanks french.

bobsticks@quote
    I usually come off as a rock guy, but I also happen to be a huge jazz fan...you name it I prolly got it...frenchmon, you got a copy of Chet Baker's "Holiday

Yes bobsticks" I would have totally check you for a Rock Guy period??!! But hey That's music' man...for example on T'G'D I was over by my son's house and I was totally rocked by this group ........(3 DOORS DOWN) "away from the sun" live from Houston'Texas.
    It's one of those Monster Music effort" (ya that kid Brad Arnold, can rock) And yes Monster have some cheesy ways!! but the sound tract's on this DVD were nicely done.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Quote Originally Posted by winston
    ooOOH" Shxx" "Umm-hmm" That was some Brushing & blowing man, Charles Lloyd must be saddened by Bill Higgins Passing" (for want of a better word......They had A relationship!!) thanks french.

bobsticks@quote
    I usually come off as a rock guy, but I also happen to be a huge jazz fan...you name it I prolly got it...frenchmon, you got a copy of Chet Baker's "Holiday

Yes bobsticks" I would have totally check you for a Rock Guy period??!! But hey That's music' man...for example on T'G'D I was over by my son's house and I was totally rocked by this group ........(3 DOORS DOWN) "away from the sun" live from Houston'Texas.
    It's one of those Monster Music effort" (ya that kid Brad Arnold, can rock) And yes Monster have some cheesy ways!! but the sound tract's on this DVD were nicely done.

I'm sure he was...I know I was. Billy was great. I loved his style. Did you know he started as a rock drummer?

frenchmon

Forum Regular

Hello Frenchmon and Winston.....

Thanks to this thread and your suggestions, I went wild today on CDconnection.com and placed the following order.

CD -- 852907 -- Eliane Elias / Brazilian Classics
    CD -- 229755 -- Patricia Barber / Distortion Of Love
    CD -- 954300 -- Patricia Barber / Live:Fortnight In France
    CD -- 399126 -- Ceu / Ceu
    CD -- 1396003 -- Ceu / Vagarosa
    CD -- 179477 -- Corinne Bailey Rae / Corinne Bailey Rae
    CD -- 11407 -- Brian Culbertson / Secrets
    CD -- 11417 -- Cole Steve / Stay Awhile
    CD -- 700222 -- Denise Young / Something You Dream Of ..
    CD -- 1259129 -- Eric Darius / Goin All Out
    CD -- 147983 -- Paul Hardcastle / Jazzmasters: Greatest Hits
    CD -- 400380 -- Paul Taylor / Ladies Choice
    CD -- 837102 -- Praful / One Day Deep

My holiday stocking is going to fill up pretty quickly. I will let you guys know my thoughts on the Elaine Elias music once I have time to digest it. Thanks again for the new music suggestions.

LeRoy

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy
    Thanks to this thread and your suggestions, I went wild today on CDconnection.com and placed the following order.

CD -- 852907 -- Eliane Elias / Brazilian Classics
    CD -- 229755 -- Patricia Barber / Distortion Of Love
    CD -- 954300 -- Patricia Barber / Live:Fortnight In France
    CD -- 399126 -- Ceu / Ceu
    CD -- 1396003 -- Ceu / Vagarosa
    CD -- 179477 -- Corinne Bailey Rae / Corinne Bailey Rae
    CD -- 11407 -- Brian Culbertson / Secrets
    CD -- 11417 -- Cole Steve / Stay Awhile
    CD -- 700222 -- Denise Young / Something You Dream Of ..
    CD -- 1259129 -- Eric Darius / Goin All Out
    CD -- 147983 -- Paul Hardcastle / Jazzmasters: Greatest Hits
    CD -- 400380 -- Paul Taylor / Ladies Choice
    CD -- 837102 -- Praful / One Day Deep

My holiday stocking is going to fill up pretty quickly. I will let you guys know my thoughts on the Elaine Elias music once I have time to digest it. Thanks again for the new music suggestions.

LeRoy

Wow...happy listening.

frenchmon

I'm sure he was...I know I was. Billy was great. I loved his style. Did you know he started as a rock drummer?

frenchmon
    no french!!...........I did not know that' But I'm not surprised at all !!
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Winston, have you had a chance to sit back and really listen to "Lady Day" on the "Water is Wide" CD? Man Billy has this rhythm thing using the brushes going on with the piano player while still keeping up with the bass player. Can you hear the high hats in your system? Its very faint but you should be able to hear them. Man Higgins proves that you don't have to be flat out burning the drums up to be good. His style on drums is so musical. That guy is just good. Let me know what you think.

frenchmon

Hi LeRoy" Back at you,,........
    I see you have a nice across the board "Jazz on Jazz" Collection coming up for the Festive Season, (Enjoy).......Hey post your Impression's on Cue/Vagarosa whenever time you get done
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

frenchmon@quote
    Winston, have you had a chance to sit back and really listen to "Lady Day" on the "Water is Wide" CD? Man Billy has this rhythm thing using the brushes going on with the piano player while still keeping up with the bass player

Not yet Dude" But this weekend is A long one so (hopefully I'll be able to hear a few things coming through my Beta 50s) one of my "Boys" gave me a 3' set of BJs analog, and coaxial cable so I'll trying them out.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

frenchmon@quote
    Winston, have you had a chance to sit back and really listen to "Lady Day" on the "Water is Wide" CD? Man Billy has this rhythm thing using the brushes going on with the piano player while still keeping up with the bass player

Not yet Dude" But this weekend is A long one so (hopefully I'll be able to hear a few things coming through my Beta 50s) one of my "Boys" gave me a 3' set of BJs analog, and coaxial cable so I'll trying them out.
    Kool...let me know what you think of the BJC. I like them. 3 sets? And its not even Christmas yet Billy has it going on.

frenchmon

Forum Regular

Okay Winston.....

Hi LeRoy" Back at you,,........
    I see you have a nice across the board "Jazz on Jazz" Collection coming up for the Festive Season, (Enjoy).......Hey post your Impression's on Cue/Vagarosa whenever time you get done
    I will certainly post my impressions on the Ceu music once I have time to digest it. Happy Holidays to all.

LeRoy

Hello French. I must admit! Them BJs" sounds much better than the MPs, actually my speaker fronts are the (BJs new generation ® By Bel den BT500UP with locking banana) very nice cable I have been using them more than two years now! (But this is the first time I’m using the BJs" inter connects) and it is an improvement over the MPs" for sure to my old Ears! The music speeds up” which sounded much better, more body and a sort fullness overall, (in other words I could hear your Boy take a Phartz!!??) with the addition of these cables!!

But seriously Man! Billy Higgins was a force to Recon With in that form" of Drumming!!
    I played that track # 9 about 10 times.

frenchmon@quote
    Winston, have you had a chance to sit back and really listen to "Lady Day" on the "Water is Wide" CD? Man Billy has this rhythm thing using the brushes going on with the piano player while still keeping up with the bass player. Can you hear the high hats in your system? Its very faint but you should be able to hear them. Good catch

Yes Sir' (high hats) was Pumping out of my Beta-50s big time.
    man that's Five Great musicians?? (To Be Continued the eyes are calling)
    Winston.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Winston my man...Got another one for you. IF you can, check out the Cyrus Chestnet CD "Cyrus Chestnut" My man Higgins and Lewis Nash are on the drums, with James Carter and Joe Lovno on sax and Ron Carter on Bass, and even the great Anita Baker sing a few tunes. And if you know anything about Chestnut...he is a master in his own right...a throw back to the pioneers.

frenchmon
    Last edited by frenchmon; 01-02-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Joe Puma - Shining Hour.
    Kenny Burrell - All Day Long & All Night Long

Nothing specially, but whenever I can't decide what to listen to, I always pull one out. Actually, they are pretty damn good.

Winston my man...Got another one for you. IF you can, check out the Cyrus Chestnet CD "Cyrus Chestnut" My man Higgins and Lewis Nash are on the drums, with James Carter and Joe Lovno on sax and Ron Carter on Bass, and even the great Anita Baker sing a few tunes. And if you know anything about Chestnut...he is a master in his own right...a throw back to the pioneers.

frenchmon
    hey frenchmon back at you man!!
    Cyrus Chestnut” Trio….. “French” I was introduce to this piano man in 2000 in a real funny way!! My wife’s mom gave me this Cyrus chestnut CD as a Christmas gift (A Charlie brown Christmas) deep down I thought it was one of them Christmas coral effort” the truth is I never heard of the guy before, man I so put this thing away. A few days later I got the call??!! Asking” do you like the CD we gave you “Yes sure” that’s when I picked it up” I saw names like (Vanessa Williams, Brian McKnight, The Manhattan Transfer, and The Boys’ choir of Harlem) all on this CD , to make a long story short

The man’s a genius on the piano”.. with out a doubt Cyrus Chestnut may-be the best jazz Pianist of his generation!!,
    After the Charlie brown saga” I collected (Soul Food and genuine Chestnut CDs) but I will be getting that collaboration that you mentioned with Higgins, Lewis Nash, Ron Carter, James Carter and Anita Baker soon. "Heads up"
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Joe Puma - Shining Hour.
    Kenny Burrell - All Day Long & All Night Long

Nothing specially, but whenever I can't decide what to listen to, I always pull one out. Actually, they are pretty damn good.
    yeah" Love Kenny Burrell especially The Kenny Burrell and John Coltrane, years" they did a lot of good work together!! Stuff that you could always pull one out with your eyes closed and be happy with the results!! great Musician..... for A guitar line up with the "Professor" that's A very very short list.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information