One Shot. If you like Brand X...

One Shot was created in 1999 by keyboarder Emmanuel Borghi and guitarist James McGaw, both Ex-Magma musicians. The original duo was completed by bassist Philippe Bussonnet and drummer Daniel Jeand'heur for their first self-titled record, released in 1999. Originally only a demo tape, the record presents classic jazz-rock with strong influences by the Mahavishnu Orchestra. Their second record "Vendredi 13" was recorded live on April 13, 2001 in the "Cave A Musique" in Mācon (France) and contains long instrumental compositions closer to Magma with a touch of King Crimson. In an interview the band members described their music as 'rock-jazz-progressive' with a special accent on the rock sound. In 2006 the band released their third record "Ewaz Vader" comprised of four long compositions with a harder edge, occasionally approaching metal.
    I picked up their two discs yesterday for a combined total of $1, and yes, they remind me of Brand X, but not quite as varied as BX was. The tunes get to be kind of samey after a while, but it may still interest a couple of you.

If this sounds like something you'd like to hear, let me know and I'll UL it.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Sure, hit me!

I have three BX albums (Unorthodox Behavior, Moroccan Roll and Product). Of the three, I rarely ever listen to Moroccan Roll. I've read where fans don't like Product, but I think it's nearly as good as the debut.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    Sure, hit me!

I have three BX albums (Unorthodox Behavior, Moroccan Roll and Product). Of the three, I rarely ever listen to Moroccan Roll. I've read where fans don't like Product, but I think it's nearly as good as the debut.
    You really need to check out Masques. Most consider this Brand X's finest hour. If you can't find a good recording of it, lemme know.

If you go to Progressive Ears and search for FEATURED CD- Brand X- Masques, there's a little thread on it. Couple of songs you can listen to, too, in the thread.

And here's Vendredi 13, One Shot's live disc from 2001.

Thread Information