Frank Sinatra best songs

Printable View

• 08-10-2013, 06:48 PM
    Smokey
    Frank Sinatra best songs
    I am not big fan of Pop Standards, but there are few good songs out there from that genre that I do enjoy. Like Sinatra's song "New York new York" or "Fly Me To The Moon".

Anybody recommend other songs from Sinatra that I need to check out :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...a_1402870c.jpg
  • 08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
    JoeE SP9
    Yes. Just buy a copy of Sinatra Live At The Sands. I'm fairly sure you'll like it especially Night And Day and I've Got You Under My Skin. Frank and The Count Basie Orchestra sound fabulous.

I've been a big Sinatra fan for years. IMO New York, New York is one of the weakest songs he ever did.
  • 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM
    Smokey
    Thanks Joe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    I've been a big Sinatra fan for years. IMO New York, New York is one of the weakest songs he ever did.

Wow, I thought New york was one of Sinatra's better song as that was one of first song I heard from Sinatra that I liked. I will check out Live At The Sands album :)
  • 08-11-2013, 09:25 PM
    unleasHell
    My Fav's:

Summerwind
    The Best is Yet to Come
  • 08-12-2013, 06:08 AM
    JoeE SP9
    I've always thought Tony Bennett did the definitive version The Best Is Yet To Come. Summer Wind, yep, that's all Sinatra.
  • 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
    Smokey
    Listen to both Summerwind and Best Yet to Come, and Summerwind was slightly more to my liking.

Also listened to Live At Sands and that is pretty good album. Where most of time Sinatra music is second to his voice, in this album the music is given equal footing.
  • 08-16-2013, 11:48 AM
    dean_martin
    It Was a Very Good Year, another vote for Summer Wind, Something Stupid (duet with daughter Nancy), That's Life, The Lady is a Tramp, Nice n Easy, another vote for I've Got zyou Under My Skin, I Get a Kick Out of You (which you might recognize from that hilarious scene in Blazing Saddles).
  • 08-27-2013, 04:48 PM
    Snowbunny
    Second the recommendations of something Stupid, Fly Me To the Moon and The Best is Yet to Come.

I'll also add It Had to Be You, The Best Is Yet To Come and one campy song that is part of the soundtrack of my life - High Hopes.

For some reason, when I am feeling really happy, the chorus comes to my mind, and sometimes even to my lips.

But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
    Hes got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin low
    Stead of lettin go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant
    (repeat x 3)

Snowbunny

PS: Its still cool to have Sinatra playing when you invite a lady over for drinks. Not a girl, or a broad . . . but a lady!