• 03-26-2005, 01:47 PM
    Swish
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fellow guitar players: Check out my new additions.
    I just bought a Fender Acoustasonic Junior amp to use primarily with my recently purchased Taylor 714 CE. The guitar has the new Taylor Expression System installed and it sounds beautifully thru this Fender, which I picked up used for just $200, and it sounds great. It was used by one of the guys in The Badlees, but I doubt many of you know who they are. The Taylor was purchased new and I'm not going to tell you how much I paid. Let's just say it was pretty much. ;) I just watched a DVD of David Gilmour and it appears he is playing the same model Taylor thru most of the show. It's by far the best acoustic I've ever played, at least in the acoustic/electric world.

You may notice it appears the amp is tilting backward? That's because it is. There are metal arms on each side that you allow you to lean it back monitor-style. Very nice feature.

Anyway, here's a picture of my two new babies.

Swish
  • 03-26-2005, 02:01 PM
    DarrenH
    Is that a spittoon next to the amp? :D

Very nice looking guitar.
  • 03-26-2005, 04:31 PM
    Swish
    A spitoon? Nah.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenH
    Is that a spittoon next to the amp? :D

Very nice looking guitar.

It's just some decorative brass pot my wife has sitting in front of our gas fireplace. She has her crap all over the place and I can barely find room to display more guitars. :D

Swish
  • 03-26-2005, 06:39 PM
    Geoffcin
    Nice!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish
    I just bought a Fender Acoustasonic Junior amp to use primarily with my recently purchased Taylor 714 CE. The guitar has the new Taylor Expression System installed and it sounds beautifully thru this Fender, which I picked up used for just $200, and it sounds great. It was used by one of the guys in The Badlees, but I doubt many of you know who they are. The Taylor was purchased new and I'm not going to tell you how much I paid. Let's just say it was pretty much. ;) I just watched a DVD of David Gilmour and it appears he is playing the same model Taylor thru most of the show. It's by far the best acoustic I've ever played, at least in the acoustic/electric world.

You may notice it appears the amp is tilting backward? That's because it is. There are metal arms on each side that you allow you to lean it back monitor-style. Very nice feature.

Anyway, here's a picture of my two new babies.

Swish

Loos like a sweet setup.

Could you direct me to where I can also find great deals on used guitar amps?
  • 03-26-2005, 06:43 PM
    Finch Platte
    Nice.
    Good-lookin' stuff. Can you do hammer-ons, yet? How 'bout playing some Jann Arden? ;)

FREEBIRD!!!!

fp
  • 03-26-2005, 07:52 PM
    Davey
    Looks kinda gay. I bet Desmond Child has one too, huh? Garage sales are great, aren't they?

Ok, I know you have a fragile ego.....so I'm just kidding! Looks very cool. And anything Gilmour plays must be. Man, he can play. So smooth and fluid. Shine on you crazy diamond.
  • 03-27-2005, 12:33 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
    Looks kinda ghetto. I bet Tony Orlando has one too, huh? Pawn shops are great, aren't they?

I "obner'd" your post.
  • 03-27-2005, 04:22 AM
    N. Abstentia
    Whoa! Tilt back legs?!?! I haven't had an amp with those since my '65 Twin Reverb :)
  • 03-27-2005, 04:42 AM
    kexodusc
    Hey, I was just looking at a 2nd hand Acoustasonic Jr the other day...glad to know someone likes it, the goof at the music store didn't know a thing about it (they don't carry Fender - who doesn't carry Fender?).

If it's still there, I'll have to a chance on it...thanks for the heads up.

Tilt back legs are great...no more milk crate extensions or wedging 2 X 4's...
  • 03-27-2005, 07:55 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Wow. That gee-tar shore is purdy.

Of course...it's no Ovation. ;)
  • 03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Wow. That gee-tar shore is purdy.

Of course...it's no Ovation. ;)

Yeah, but at least somebody will play once in a while.

What does an Ovation coverd with dust sound like?

check yer mail FA
  • 03-27-2005, 05:01 PM
    Swish
    Used amps? I found mine in the local want-ads...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Loos like a sweet setup.

Could you direct me to where I can also find great deals on used guitar amps?

but e-bay might be ok if you know what you're buying and the seller has a good rating. I buy lots of stuff on e-bay and have rarely been disappointed. I actually bought my Mesa Boogie Mark III on e-bay, and it smokes.

Good luck to you,
    Swish
  • 03-27-2005, 05:04 PM
    Swish
    What's a hammer on?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Good-lookin' stuff. Can you do hammer-ons, yet? How 'bout playing some Jann Arden? ;)

FREEBIRD!!!!

fp

...and what's this FREEBIRD all about? Jann Arden? That stuff is way too complicated for me dude. I'll stick to my sheet music with John Denver songs, ok buddy? :D

Swish Baby