Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Just got my tickets for Porky Tree and King's X.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I wonder if Steve Wilson will whine about it being a "sit down" venue again?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I wonder if Steve Wilson will whine about it being a "sit down" venue again?
    Is it sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Is it sold out?
    Not yet. But it will be. Tickets went on sale Friday (we were out of town and didn't know about the show until today). Based on the tickets I picked up this morning it's pretty close to sold out.

They (PT) sold out a larger venue the last time they were in town.

Bloody TicketBastard fees were 37% of the ticket price!

42 Regular
    Cool. Is Harrison with them again, or is he still playing with KC?

BTW, they're coming to the Vic Theater in Chicago too... but I have a previous commitment. Dang it.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

King's X? Bleagh. Borrrring.

I used to be really into them, but they haven't progressed (pun intended) in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Cool. Is Harrison with them again, or is he still playing with KC?

BTW, they're coming to the Vic Theater in Chicago too... but I have a previous commitment. Dang it.
    It never even occured to me that he wouldn't be touring with them so your question gave me a bit of a fright. I couldn't find confirmation on the PT web site, so I went into the Gavin Harrison thread on drummerworld.com and it looks as though he will be with them. Whew!

Although, no doubt that if he weren't playing with them that they would fine another awesome drummer to replace him with. I hear that Finch is available for gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Not yet. But it will be.
    How many seats?

What's he want - a mosh pit?

He shouldn't quivel. He's been to the 'new world' before when there was enough space for the sparse crowd to lay down and stretch out if they wanted. He should know his audience better. And feel fortunate he doesn't have to play festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    How many seats?

What's he want - a mosh pit?

He shouldn't quivel. He's been to the 'new world' before when there was enough space for the sparse crowd to lay down and stretch out if they wanted. He should know his audience better. And feel fortunate he doesn't have to play festivals.
    It's a beautiful little theatre that holds about 1250. It's where we saw Andrew Bird. The only downside is the location. It's in the middle of a very large fairground, so there isn't a bar or restaurant anywhere nearby. Which was a drag after Andew Bird when we would have liked to have gone for a beverage afterwards.

Steve Wilson has made it very clear that he prefer's venues where the crowd has to stand up. He doesn't like the audience to be seated during his performance. I say, if you want me to stand up then you had better rock out to get me off my feet. I've never sat through a Dream Theatre or a Rush show. PT's music just isn't the kind to make me want to stand. I want to sit, close my eyes, and just be drawn into the music...and that's not a bad thing.

Odd that Wilson would take such a stance, when a lot of his music is rather dynamic - long stretches of melodic trance-like music with short bursts of power chords doesn't make one want to stay on their feet for two hours.

Thread Information