Music for the Heat - fave tunes to bake with

So, I've found for myself, at least, that my styles of music changes greatly on the weather.

In the heat....we've been having a heat wave in the bay area these past couple days....i've found that I tend to listen to more jazz and delta blue grass blues and folk music. or at least more simple music.

while i was driving around doing chores on sunday, with the windows rolled down, a beat up car pulled up next to me and was pumping out some good reggae, and i thought to myself, now that is some good music for this heat.

So so far i've got for good hot weather waves these styles to play

- simple jazz
    - simple blue grass
    - reggae
    - and older fuzzier and simple folk music

how about you all?

the band War always reminded me of summer...so does The Grateful Dead

Once the weather is warm enough, that first night I'll..

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    So, I've found for myself, at least, that my styles of music changes greatly on the weather.

In the heat....we've been having a heat wave in the bay area these past couple days....i've found that I tend to listen to more jazz and delta blue grass blues and folk music. or at least more simple music.

how about you all?
    ...have a cold IPA in one hand, a nice cigar in the other, and Richmond Fontaine's 'Thirteen Cities' playing through my outdoor speakers. Ahhhhhh.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Some Barry Manilow always does it for me.

In the summers of 1979 and 1980 (I think), I worked as junior counselor and counselor at a YMCA camp in the hills of South Carolina. The staff was a diverse group of people from all over the country and world, including parts of England and Ireland. There was some clannishness, with some members making weekend forays to town where they would watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show and party hardy.

Nearly everyone there loved a good tune, and in the moonlight many of us would gather at the swimming lake at around midnight where we would sing along with Meatloaf. We knew nearly every word by heart or could follow along as we rocked the night away!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information