Forum Regular

Tool - 10,000 Days

A buddy of mine mailed me a ripped copy of 10,000 Days. Today is the first day i have spent a lot of time with it. I listened to a few tracks at home, but the disc has a lot of popping on it, so I didnt want to listen to it on my home system. So today i have the headphones on and I am on my third time through. I must say, the first 4 or 5 songs I heard at home, i was a little skeptical. But now, I am definitely digging this cd. It's a straight up Tool record. Ups, downs, highs, lows, weird noises, awesome riffs, Danny Carey pounding on the drums, and maynard's excellent voice.

So far my favorite tracks are Vicarious, The Pot, Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, and Right In Two.

I've heard a lot of people bashing this cd, but I think they need to give it time and listen to it hard. It's a great cd. Tool is my favorite band by far, and if I didnt like it, trust me, i would be very critical of them.

Would you say it was a continuation in the direction they were taking with Laterulas? Or is it more like the older stuff?

BTW: I'm more a fan of the Lateralus phase. I like APC's first one too.

Forum Regular
    It's definitely, in my opinion, a continuation of Lateralus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Would you say it was a continuation in the direction they were taking with Laterulas? Or is it more like the older stuff?

BTW: I'm more a fan of the Lateralus phase. I like APC's first one too.

music fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    It's definitely, in my opinion, a continuation of Lateralus.
    yeah, since that main riff from the single (vicarious) is basically a lateralus repeat

Forum Regular
    It is quite similar, but the rest of that tune is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchanal
    yeah, since that main riff from the single (vicarious) is basically a lateralus repeat

Thread Information