The Dude has an album out.

I gotta a notification from Blue Note.
    Would you guys get this?

Jeff Bridges - Self-Titled - Available August 16, 2011
    Jeff Bridges
    An Oscar-winner for his portrayal of a grizzled former country music legend in the 2009 film Crazy Heart, actor, songwriter, and musician Jeff Bridges will release his self-titled major-label debut album on August 16th, 2011, on Blue Note Records. The album is being produced by Bridges' Crazy Heart collaborator, the multiple-Grammy Award-winning songwriter, musician, and producer T Bone Burnett. Recorded in Los Angeles and Brooklyn, NY, Jeff Bridges features material by a host of world-class songwriters, including Burnett's Crazy Heart collaborators the late Stephen Bruton ("What A Little Bit of Love Can Do," "Nothing Yet") and John Goodwin ("Maybe I Missed The Point," "Everything But Love," "The Quest"), Greg Brown ("Blue Car"), and Bo Ramsay ("Either Way").

The album also features several of Bridges' own compositions, including "Falling Short," "Tumbling Vine," I Will Wait" (which he wrote with Burnett and John Goodwin) and "Slow Boat" (which he wrote with Burnett and Thomas Cobb). To perform the songs, Burnett assembled a number of his key repertory players, including keyboardist Keefus Ciancia, guitarist Marc Ribot, bassist Dennis Crouch, pedal-steel guitarist Russ Pahl, and drummer Jay Bellerose, as well as guest vocalists Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips, and Benji Hughes.

The tracklisting for Jeff Bridges is as follows:
    "What A Little Bit Of Love Can Do"
    "I Will Wait"
    "Falling Short"
    "Maybe I Missed The Point"
    "Tumbling Vine"
    "Nothing Yet"
    "Blue Car"
    "Slow Boat"
    "Either Way"
    "Everything But Love"
    "The Quest"

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Blue Note and Bo Ramsey are compelling sell points...but it's hard to take recommendations from a character who bought the extended 12 minute dance remix of this...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thread Information