Dream Theatre. Wank, wank, wank.

nine ninety nine... nine ninety nine... the whisper came from an endcap at Tower this morning. I looked over, and there were a couple of Dream Theatre DVDs beckoning, a bright $9.99 sticker shining in the corners.

Hmmm. Live. The final performance of "Scenes From A Memory," whatever that is. I had vague recollections of hearing a couple of DT songs, so I knew they were a bit prog, so that and the price bit me.

*wank* "Great" players (Portnoy on drums is a powerhouse), but golly, they *wank* could have spent a little more money on the singer. He's nowhere near the par of the players. He's got great hair, though *wank*. Some pretty cheesy video effects are included at no extra charge.

I'll give it a few more listens. Maybe I'll get one of those 'Vocal Eliminators' you see in the back of Rolling Stone.

fp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dream Theatre. Wank, wank, wank.-dt.jpg  

Hey Finch,

If you decide to get rid of this DVD let me know.

I'll gladly take that wankery out of your hands.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Why don't we get deals like that on the North side of the border? It's not fair, I say!

I will be having the pleasure of seeing this band really live, not DVD live, but truly live in the flesh on Thursday evening. They are playing at my favourite Toronto venue. BarryL and I saw them last summer just outside of town, but they shared the bill with Queensryche and Fate's Warning so they only played for about an hour. Thursday's show is DT only. No opening band. Two sets with an intermission. I'm figuring for at least 2 to 2.5 hours of pure DT. I can't wait!

Finchy, if you don't want to hang on to that DVD and you can't find Darren's address I'd be willing to help you part with it too.

Forum Regular

damn

FA...................I'm insanely jealous. Really !

I'll tell ya what MC....

Barry's out of town and flying home on Thursday. If your flight arrives before his, I'll let ya have his ticket.

I'm dragging my hubby along this time too, just so that he can see Portnoy drum. What a treat!

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    ...they *wank* could have spent a little more money on the singer. He's nowhere near the par of the players...
    You got that right. But at least he sings, rather than screams or growls or both at the same time. So there's that...

Trust me, there's worse.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Sorry, kids- it's not for sale.

The bonus track (among others) A Change Of Seasons, a 25 minute epic with its modicum of vocals is worth the $10 by itself.

Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

Forum Regular

That dvd is excellent, it will wear you out

Hey Finchy,

that's a killer dvd and especially for 10 beans.

Hey !

I'm looking at an NRS2 w/ XT&LX for $1350.00, a 2003 model, brand frikking new, what do you think?

Dave

Sounds like a solid deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Hey Finchy,

that's a killer dvd and especially for 10 beans.

Hey !

I'm looking at an NRS2 w/ XT&LX for $1350.00, a 2003 model, brand frikking new, what do you think?

Dave
    Not a screaming price, by any means, but Giants are good rigs.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_ful...t_121170.shtml

I almost bought a Giant a while back- I don't think they made frames big enough for me.

Can you haggle? After all, it's a 2003 model.

fp

Where are we finding these?

My brother has this DVD, and i'm sick of looking at the $20 they want for it at Best Buy.

Where are we finding these hot deals?

Re-read the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrim05
    My brother has this DVD, and i'm sick of looking at the $20 they want for it at Best Buy.

Key words: Tower and Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

Here's something wacky....

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrim05

I just ordered this from Amazon's Canadian site for $16.99 cdn. So, I figured, it's gotta be cheap on the US site, right? After all, $16.99 cdn is only about $12.00 US. WRONG. $21.74 on Amazon's US site. That's wacked! Sorry Kingcrim. You might want to consider ordering this from Amazon.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Key words: Tower and Of course, I can always pick one up for someone- $10 plus shipping/tax, if need be.

fp

Key Words: Thank and You.

Just ordered it for $12.54 shipped to my door.

Thread Information